The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Another Shaving Journal

• CBL Soaps hemp base unscented (6)
  • Maggard tuxedo synthetic
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Gillette 1946-7 Aristocrat/Personna Super blade (2)
  • DSC Post Shave Cream
Two days' growth taken off with ease. Busy Saturday in store, but it's only one task at a time, so while it'll be busy, it won't be overwhelming. Enjoy the weekend, Cadre! :)

• CBL Soaps hemp base unscented (7)
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Gillette 1946-7 Aristocrat/Personna Super blade (3)
  • DSC Post Shave Cream
Enjoyable, easy shave. I almost feel guilty using this soap and the other gear, including my easiest razor to use. Zoom call tonight - should be fun.

• CBL Soaps hemp base unscented (8)
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Gillette 1946-7 Aristocrat/Personna Super blade (4)
  • DSC Post Shave Cream
Great shave this morning. At some point I'm going to switch razors, but I don't know when. It's hard to give up on this near-perfect setup.

Great Zoom call last night - very entertaining and informative. You folks that aren't yet participating are truly missing out on some fun. Topics ranged from honing, straights, shaving, music, deviled eggs, watches, and historical perspectives on American straights and spirituality. Loads of fun. Special Zoom this Sunday so that @NurseDave can shave for us with gear of our choosing. Come join the fun. 😁

• CBL Soaps hemp base unscented (9)
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Gillette 1946-7 Aristocrat/Personna Super blade (5)
  • DSC Post Shave Cream
Very pleasing shave this afternoon. Coming to the end of the line for this blade, as I sense that it's about to start tugging.

We've been experiencing dampness in the basement. We investigated and found water inside the vent immediately off the AC, suggesting to us it was condensate. However, there was too much water for that to be the issue. Next we thought the condensate drainpipe could be plugged, so we snaked it with no discernible blockage found, We called in our HVAC people (yes, we have people), who was puzzled initially. He eventually determined that a leaking copper waterpipe above the AC vent had slowly eaten through the metal vent, explaining the presence of water inside. Cost for this revelation was $174. Tomorrow morning a plumber will come to fix the pipe and vent, at who-knows-what cost. The only upside to this is that the AC has been working uninterrupted. More details tomorrow... 😒

As someone else locked in what seems like a never-ending battle with moisture in the basement, I feel for you Bruce! Hoping the bill isn't too bad today.

Fingers crossed that the damage is to a minimum!
As someone else locked in what seems like a never-ending battle with moisture in the basement, I feel for you Bruce! Hoping the bill isn't too bad today.
Leak is all gone now, as well as a chunk of our money, though not as bad as we had feared. Oil's well that ends well, as they say. BTW, do you know the origin of that statement?

• CBL Soaps hemp base unscented (10)
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Gillette 1946-7 Aristocrat/Personna Super blade (6)
  • DSC Post Shave Cream
Great shave, though with a wee bit of tugging, so the blade is history. Have a great day, Cadre! :)

Back