The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Another Shaving Journal

Thankfully you are ok.

Years back, I had one of those incidents. I thought the insurance company was strangely generous and prompt on progress and closure since those wrecks have potential for nasty injuries. They included a sum beyond damages that they called an “inconvenience settlement”

Glad no one was hurt. Good hunting.
Gadzooks. Glad everyone is okay.
Glad you are ok!
Glad you’re OK Bruce! Hope you can find a new ride without too much hassle!
Good to hear that no one was hurt.
Thankfully you are ok.

Years back, I had one of those incidents. I thought the insurance company was strangely generous and prompt on progress and closure since those wrecks have potential for nasty injuries. They included a sum beyond damages that they called an “inconvenience settlement”
Yeah, it wasn't a light tap, but we all were wearing seatbelts so we didn't bounce around. It was annoying enough anticipating a $500 outlay for the deductible (which I'd likely get back sometime, given the circumstances), but now I'm looking at spending $3000 - 5000 to replace the car with a similar vehicle. OFV (oi freakin' vey)!

Let me know how the used car search is going. Used car prices in NY are astronomical right now.
Prices are higher than I expected. I'm looking at older cars now that fit my budget goal.

• MWF (11)
  • Maggard tuxedo synthetic
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Gillette 1946-7 Aristocrat/Super-Max Stainless blade (8)
  • DSC Post Shave Cream
A fresh blade and thick, slick lather made this shave a pleasure. 😌

• MWF (13)
  • Maggard tuxedo synthetic
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Gillette 1946-7 Aristocrat/Super-Max Stainless blade (3)
  • DSC Post Shave Cream
Very satisfying and refreshing shave this evening. I'm smooth and clean, and quite pleased with the results. Ugh, the weekend's fading fast.

Back