The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Another Shaving Journal

• MWF (3)
  • Maggard tuxedo synthetic
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Schick injector type G/Personna blade (3)
  • Dollar Shave Club Post Shave Cream
Personna blade was tugging on my chin hairs today. These blades aren't much good to me all. Must be why they sat in a drawer for a few years. On the plus side, the MWF seems to have made it safely into my den. Today my wife walked by the open-doored bathroom while whipping up a lather, and a few minutes later as I lathered my face. Not a word nor wheeze from her (thankfully). (y)

Enjoy your weekend, Cadre!

Personna blade was tugging on my chin hairs today. These blades aren't much good to me all.
I had the same experience with the original Personna made blades that came with my Supply Razor. I have a few razors using that blade format and could not use those blades in any of them.
I have talked to folks that love them and it makes me wonder if I might have gotten a bad batch.

I have talked to folks that love them and it makes me wonder if I might have gotten a bad batch.
That makes two of us, though the concept of the urban legend-like "bad blade"/"bad batch" is one that I'm skeptical of. I read a lot of posts at the old other forum that blamed the blade or blades for a bad shave. Seems new wet shavers were running across them pretty often. No, I think it's just a case of YMMV. These blades don't like me.

• MWF (4)
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Gillette 1946-7 gold Aristocrat/SuperMax Stainless blade (1)
  • DSC Post Shave Cream
I'm fed up with the Personna injector blades so I switched razors tonight. Very pleased with the results - I'm smooth and clean after a very easy shave. This Aristocrat is my favorite DE because it delivers an unlikely combination of ease of use, smoothness, and closeness. This razor just works for me.

I think he's putting them in backwards.
I get fewer nicks this way.

• MWF (5)
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Gillette 1946-7 gold Aristocrat/SuperMax Stainless blade (2)
  • DSC Post Shave Cream
It's funny, but I disliked these SuperMax Stainless because they're not as smooth as their platinum blades. After torturing my face and neck with the Personnas, the stainless feel just fine. :p

• MWF (6)
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Gillette 1946-7 gold Aristocrat/SuperMax Stainless blade (3)
  • DSC Post Shave Cream
Sunny and in the low 50sF/~12C much of the day. Nice Saturday afternoon. Have a great Saturday, Cadre! :)
Sam has converted you - you are now posting in Celsius! (Ok I admit, I trying to get the whole metric thing down as well - but won‘t admit it publicly). @woodpusher is a bad influence!

• MWF (9)
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Gillette 1946-7 Aristocrat/SuperMax Stainless blade (6)
  • DSC Post Shave Cream
Maybe one more shave on this blade. Today's was most excellent.

So, three Saturdays ago I was sitting at a red light when my 2013 Sentra got rear ended by a large SUV. No one injured, no airbags deployed. The estimate showed $3600 damage to my right rear and rear bumper. Yesterday the Sentra was declared a total loss w/ a value of $9800. So now I'm in the market for a used car of </= 5 years' vintage. <Sigh>

Back