The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Another Shaving Journal

I wondered about that, but I have no recollection of buying them. Thanks for IDing them. :p
Personna made injector blades under a number of private label arrangements. Supply and Ted Pella being 2 of them. The ones I got were do horrible that I could not complete a single shave.

I tried Supply blades and found them to be so awful that I pitched them immediately.
I did not pitch mine, but I should.

I found the newt ones I got in the all plastic white dispenser comparable to Chinese Schicks

I haven’t tried the latest in the black plastic dispenser, made in Seki City, Japan. I stocktup pretty well on Schick Prolines.

Sunday 3/13/22
  • CBL Premium Hemp base unscented (37)
  • Maggard tuxedo synthetic
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Schick injector type G/Personna blade (2)
  • Dollar Shave Club Post Shave Cream

Tuesday 3/15/22
  • CBL Premium Hemp base unscented (38)
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Schick injector type G/Personna blade (3)
Couple of fast days at work. Unless it's my imagination or weak lather, but the blade seemed noticeably duller tonight. We'll see how it does tomorrow. :)

Saturday 3/19/22
  • CBL Premium Hemp base unscented (39)
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Schick injector type G/Personna blade (4)
Warm Saturday here, mostly in the mid-60sF/about 18C. Nice shave today, even with inferior lather and blade. The soap is down to slivers, so tomorrow will be its last. :)

• CBL Premium Hemp base unscented (40)
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Schick injector type G/Personna blade (5)
Soap and blade are done, as far as I'm concerned. The soap is reduced to a couple of slimy slivers, and this blade struggled to cut the finest moustache hairs. Five shaves per blade. Lots of buffing required today. Well, if I only expect 5 shaves/blade I suppose I won't be disappointed. :cautious:

• MWF (1)
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Schick injector type G/Personna blade (1)
I'm winging it on MWF - hopefully its scent isn't irritating to my wife. I'm counting on it (fingers crossed).

Only 5 shaves with a Personna sounds like a dud blade to me, Bruce. Try another one.
I am, though I'm not expecting much. Nice first day shave on the blade.

Last edited:
Back