The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Another Shaving Journal

• CBL Master Barber Bay Rhum (7)
  • Maggard tuxedo synthetic
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Gillette '46/7 Aristocrat/Supermax stainless (2)
  • CBL unscented AS tonic
I don't think I've mentioned the soap. Have no idea if Bay Rhum is a new flavor or not. Couldn't tell you what iteration of soap base this is, but I think it's the newest Master Barber. Rich, creamy lather with good cushion and glide, and nice post shave feel. I've got a handful of Master Barber pucks of different ages. I'll get to them one at a time.

The tonsorial and MB lines are good stuff for sure! Do you have to be careful of soap fragrances too? Some can be pretty strong...I love the Hombres scent for instance and it sticks around for a good while after the shave.

• CBL Master Barber Bay Rhum (11)
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Gillette '46/7 Aristocrat/Supermax stainless (1)
  • CBL unscented AS tonic
Smooth shave this morning. Keeping it simple certainly has its benefits: minimal gear and software to fuss with or pay for. Enjoy your shaves, Cadre.

@TobyC , did you see I changed razors? I went nuts a couple weeks ago and put away the Vector, dusted off a DE, and started a new soap. It was just the right time.

• CBL Master Barber Bay Rhum (12)
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Gillette '46/7 Aristocrat/Supermax stainless (2)
  • CBL unscented AS tonic
Enjoying the Aristocrat now. Great combination of smoothness and closeness - I have no idea how they managed to do that, but it works for me. 😊

• CBL Master Barber Bay Rhum (13)
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Gillette '46/7 Aristocrat/Supermax stainless (3)
  • CBL unscented AS tonic
Thank goodness it's Friday. Been a good work week, but I'm glad it's over. Happy Friday, Cadre.

Couldn't choose between Warren Zevon and Johnny Winter, so I picked one from each: a love song, and a reflection on life and death.

Enjoy.

Back