The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Another Shaving Journal

• Stirling Soap The Lounge (27)
  • Maggard tuxedo synthetic
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Blackland Vector/Schick Proline (10)
  • CBL California Sunrise AS tonic
Reading other journals and seeing the praise for CBL AS tonic, I can see that I'm in good company. Try it. Great stuff. The scent has staying power, as evidenced by my wife's physical reaction. I've got to be more careful when I put it on, because there is no way I'm not using this stuff. Have a great day, Cadre.

SCIENCE:

The results are clear. Is the next step is to apply for Emergency Use Authorization under FDA? @CBLindsay ?
No FDA application pending but I am working on a kicked up version for an upcoming soap/tonic combo special. I am happy you are enjoying the tonic, I put a lot of thought and experimentation into it and I am pleased with how it turned out. The popularity of the California Sunrise scent (even among the ladies I know) is more than I anticipated so I reached out to my contact and got more of the fragrance oil, I should be able to keep filling special requests as needed and maybe even keep a semi-regular stock of it now. I look forward to your thought on the Barba scent, I think its an awesome scent myself.

It even got the period right. Look at the lapels, they almost reach the shoulders! They don't make shirts like that anymore, darn it!
giphy.gif

• Stirling Soap The Lounge (27)
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Blackland Vector/Schick Proline (10)
Reading other journals and seeing the praise for CBL AS tonic, I can see that I'm in good company. Try it. Great stuff. The scent has staying power, as evidenced by my wife's physical reaction. I've got to be more careful when I put it on, because there is no way I'm not using this stuff. Have a great day, Cadre.
Wife repellant? :D

The shave today was excellent. Starting out, I was pleasantly surprised by the smoothness of a blade on its 11th shave. Investigating, I saw that I was shaving with the back of the head. Turning it around, I started my shave over and successfully whacked all whiskers.

Yesterday I was so pleased with how my skin felt after applying @CBLindsay 's miracle AS tonic, I decided to treat the rest of my skin to its skin-softening properties. BIG mistake!

1612376860307.png
Given these unanticipated results, I caution my fellow Cadre to only apply it to your face and neck, unless you want to end up like me. I doubt I'll get 10 shaves out of my blades now. ☹️

The shave today was excellent. Starting out, I was pleasantly surprised by the smoothness of a blade on its 11th shave. Investigating, I saw that I was shaving with the back of the head. Turning it around, I started my shave over and successfully whacked all whiskers.

Yesterday I was so pleased with how my skin felt after applying @CBLindsay 's miracle AS tonic, I decided to treat the rest of my skin to its skin-softening properties. BIG mistake!

View attachment 46718
Given these unanticipated results, I caution my fellow Cadre to only apply it to your face and neck, unless you want to end up like me. I doubt I'll get 10 shaves out of my blades now. ☹️
Smoking is bad for you, it stunted your growth!

• Stirling Soap The Lounge (29)
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Blackland Vector/Schick Proline (1)
Cold day in Pittsburgh, making it perfect for the California Sunrise AS tonic. Its skin soothing properties are fast becoming the stuff of legend. I've got two bottles of the tonic en route. In fact, I think they are in my mailbox, but I'm waiting for my son to retrieve the mail, as I'm not too good at negotiating our snowy, downhill driveway. If they've arrived, I'll try the Barba tomorrow. Hope you're all having a great day, Cadre!

That’s right! Send the boy out into the Siberian wasteland! No need for the king of the castle to make the sacrifice! 😂

Back