The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Another Shaving Journal

• Stirling Soap The Lounge (16)
  • Maggard tuxedo synthetic
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Blackland Vector/Schick Proline (9)
  • CFG Sherlock
Great shaves have become routine with this gear and software. Every step of the process is topnotch: the lather, the splash, and everything in between. I have become spoiled with its quality and simplicity. My goal has always been to get great shaves. Along the way I've gotten distracted by a couple of rabbit holes, but the goal never changed. Now I find that I've achieved what I set out to do. :)

Well, it's still Friday for the rest of us. We will think of you Bruce while you do wheelies around your younger counterparts!

• Stirling Soap The Lounge (18)
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Blackland Vector/Schick Proline (1)
  • LNHC Barber Shoppe elixir
Smooth shave with the new blade. Yesterday I worked in the Covid vaccination clinic as an observer. Vaccination is followed by either 15 or 30 minutes observation, depending on medical history, for signs/symptoms of an allergic response. Anaphylaxis has occurred, but didn't yesterday. It was a good day spent with appreciative customers. I even met a guy who was onboard my ship many years before me. That was really cool.

I even met a guy who was onboard my ship many years before me. That was really cool.
It's always nice to meet up with a fellow veteran. That was in the same branch/unit or went to basic the same place. Or served on the same vessel.
Few weeks ago at the grocery store. A guy prolly my fathers age commented on my 2nd ID hat. My son in law is currently in that unit. I was in the 29th ID.
We wound up trading stories and reminiscing about Fort Benning GA. For 10-15 mins. My wife is always amazed by the bond that military service imparts on people
Good reads Bruce.

It's always nice to meet up with a fellow veteran. That was in the same branch/unit or went to basic the same place. Or served on the same vessel.
Few weeks ago at the grocery store. A guy prolly my fathers age commented on my 2nd ID hat. My son in law is currently in that unit. I was in the 29th ID.
We wound up trading stories and reminiscing about Fort Benning GA. For 10-15 mins. My wife is always amazed by the bond that military service imparts on people
Good reads Bruce.
Same as old nurses. Instant bond. I miss it EVERY day. That's why I like this place. I miss that connection brothers.

Same as old nurses. Instant bond. I miss it EVERY day. That's why I like this place. I miss that connection brothers.
iu

• Stirling Soap The Lounge (19)
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Blackland Vector/Schick Proline (2)
  • LNHC Barber Shoppe elixir
This setup continues to deliver excellent shaves. My opinion of Stirling Soaps has grown. I had always put it near the top, but it's now threatening to break into my elite status. It just works, every time.

Back