The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Another Shaving Journal

• Stirling Soap The Lounge (19)
  • Maggard tuxedo synthetic
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Blackland Vector/Schick Proline (2)
  • LNHC Barber Shoppe elixir
This setup continues to deliver excellent shaves. My opinion of Stirling Soaps has grown. I had always put it near the top, but it's now threatening to break into my elite status. It just works, every time.
I actually feel similar. The more I use Stirling the more I think, "why didn't I use this stuff earlier?"

• Stirling Soap The Lounge (21)
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Blackland Vector/Schick Proline (4)
  • CFG Sherlock
Love this setup. Every morning I have an opportunity to execute a near perfect shave, and the hardware/software combination delivers each and every time. Today was no exception. Have a great day, Cadre!

• Stirling Soap The Lounge (22)
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Blackland Vector/Schick Proline (5)
  • CBL California Sunrise AS tonic
My first encounter with CBL's AS tonic, and with California Sunrise. I love the scent! I need the soap, but that'll have to wait until I thin the herd some. The tonic absorbs quickly and completely, leaving my skin feeling moisturized, yet dry on the surface.

• Stirling Soap The Lounge (24)
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Blackland Vector/Schick Proline (7)
My face and neck haven't felt this good in ages. The CBL AS tonic seems to have soothed it after just 3 days' use. I had a minor nick and scrape that it seems to have healed. This stuff has medicinal properties! No one tell the FDA.

• Stirling Soap The Lounge (26)
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Blackland Vector/Schick Proline (9)
So yesterday I was thinking about this AS tonic, how much I like it, and how I dread using it all up and having no more. I hurriedly went to CBL Soaps' website and ordered another bottle of Calif Sunrise, as well as a bottle of Barba, an Italian-style fougere.

SCIENCE:
There seems to be a curious side effect of this tonic: wherever I apply it hair grows in the next day. At first I was surprised and a bit skeptical, but it's been true for each of the five days I've used it. Therefore, as of today I am going to rub it on my scalp to see if hair will grow back. Here is how I look today:
1612195143967.png
I'll report back in a few days to report on my findings.

Have a great day, Cadre!

RegularScaredCanadagoose-size_restricted.gif

Back