The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Another Shaving Journal

• Stirling Soap The Lounge (5)
  • Maggard tuxedo synthetic
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Blackland Vector/Schick Proline (8)
  • CFG Sherlock
Happy New Year, Cadre! Excellent shave to start the new year right. Been busy around the house as my week off comes to a close, so haven't been shaving daily. Life is good!

• Stirling Soap The Lounge (7)
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Blackland Vector/Schick Proline (10)
  • LNHC Barber Shoppe elixir
Fine shave tonight. Back to the hospital tomorrow, and for another day this week. Disturbing how quickly the work routine has returned.

• Stirling Soap The Lounge (8)
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Blackland Vector/Schick Proline (1)
  • CFG Sherlock
Very satisfying shave this morning. It was a welcome respite from the madness. I'm digging this soap: love the subtle scents and performance. The Sherlock is a strongly tobacco scent that I'm also enjoying. Have a great day, Cadre!

12/10/21
  • Stirling Soap The Lounge (10)
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Blackland Vector/Schick Proline (3)
  • CFG Sherlock
Shaved during halftime of the Browns game last night, hoping to change the Steelers fortunes. It appears I should have shaved before the opening kickoff...
Or maybe not have shaven at all! 🤪

1/12/21
  • Stirling Soap The Lounge (11)
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Blackland Vector/Schick Proline (4)
  • CFG Sherlock
Good shave last night. I've been absent around here because of a misbehaving laptop. My main laptop is an Apple, which I love, and the backup is Window OS, which I don't love. Going to the Apple store today to have their geniuses diagnose my favorite laptop's ills. It's five years old and has run like a clock until a couple of days ago. Hopefully, the cost won't be extravagant. Have a great day, Cadre!

Huh, just noticed I got the date wrong for my previous shave post. Too late to fix it now.

I’ve enjoyed my Apple MacBook Pro for a number of years too. It held strong for about 4-5 years and for the these last 2 or so it has really taken a nosedive.

Apple is notoriously expensive to repair, even if it's a minor thing. Holler at me if they're able to diagnose the problem and offer to fix it for an exorbitant price.

I’ve enjoyed my Apple MacBook Pro for a number of years too. It held strong for about 4-5 years and for the these last 2 or so it has really taken a nosedive.
Apple is notoriously expensive to repair, even if it's a minor thing. Holler at me if they're able to diagnose the problem and offer to fix it for an exorbitant price.
Mine is a 2015 MacBook (not Pro) souped up with SSD, maxed-out RAM, and abundant storage. I have no desire to replace it.
You now have to schedule appointments to be seen with an equipment problem here. Of course, if you want to buy something you can just show up and wait your turn. I have a Saturday appointment, the earliest available. Using a clunky HP laptop with W10, so this definitely sucks. At least it has a wider screen. :cautious:
  • Stirling Soap The Lounge (12)
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Blackland Vector/Schick Proline (5)
  • LNHC Barber Shoppe elixir
Extra close smooth shave today. Loving this elixir and soap.

Back