The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Another Shaving Journal

• LNHC Dunnottar (18)
  • Maggard tuxedo synthetic
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Blackland Vector/Schick Proline (1)
  • CFG Sherlock
The Sherlock splash continues to please, lasting for a couple of hours. Good shave, noticeably improved over yesterday's 10th shave on the blade. Have a great day, Cadre.

• Stirling Soap The Lounge (1)
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Blackland Vector/Schick Proline (4)
  • CFG Sherlock
Very pleased with this morning's shave.. The new soap came in a surprise package in my mailbox. Thank you, Tim @MilkCrate . It's an Unobtainium soap. Perfect lather with a modest amount of water. Pleasing aroma which I think may be a clone of some classic scent, but I'm not sure. All in all, an excellent shave.

• Stirling Soap The Lounge (2)
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Blackland Vector/Schick Proline (5)
  • CFG Sherlock
Enjoying the perfect lather of The Lounge. I'm struggling to describe Lounge's scent: it's a soapy, clean smell, faintly reminiscent of Irish Spring bar soap. Not a very good description, but it'll have to do. My nose is not discriminating enough to identify individual ingredients. Merry Christmas, Cadre!

• Stirling Soap The Lounge (4)
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Blackland Vector/Schick Proline (7)
  • CFG Sherlock
Can't remember the last time I went 3 days without shaving. Sunday I drove to my son's apartment halfway across the state. I was driving a 10' rental truck, unloaded, on the Pennsylvania turnpike. Since I was driving at night, I went a little slower. The PA turnpike is the oldest in the nation, and it shows its age. Many parts are narrow, and it is extremely hilly and windy from about the middle of the state westward, which is exactly the section I used. Driving a big empty box up and down those hills and through all the many curves, and being uncertain of the truck's handling abilities made me very cautious. Since I was going the speed limit I used the slow lane. In the 41 years I've lived in Pittsburgh, this is the first time I've driven halfway across the state in the slow lane. Returned home last night, shaved this morning. I feel refreshed from the excursion, though a bit tired. What better way to start the day than with a good shave? ;)

Glad you had safe travels Bruce! Welcome back!

Did you have to help with some moving? Was that why the rental truck? Or just dumping the bodies of your Vector shaved dead whiskers off in an inconspicuous place?

Back