The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

2nd Annual February "One Blade" Challenge!

I'm having to skip at least a few days shaving. I hurt my ankle yesterday and can barely stand so I'm having to wait a few days until I can stand and shave.

Yikes. Sorry to hear that. Hope it's nothing broken / serious. Feel better soon @Jaro1069
Thanks. I don't think it's broken but I did come down on it extremely hard and my foot was at an odd angle I may have to go get it x-rayed later today though because I might have cracked it...

I'm having to skip at least a few days shaving. I hurt my ankle yesterday and can barely stand so I'm having to wait a few days until I can stand and shave.
You don't need to stand to shave......

Maybe you can convince your wife to shave you......

J/K man, heal up soon!

You don't need to stand to shave......

Maybe you can convince your wife to shave you......

J/K man, heal up soon!
thanks. I know i could sit and shave but I'm just gonna take a break for a couple of days and then jump back into it. I have it elevated right now with my little girl snuggled up to me... I think i like that better than shaving right now...

Shave 23/OBF 6 2.7.20
20200207_070943.jpg

Shave 24/OBF 7
20200208_041201.jpg

A couple of good shaves were had. In fact, they were downright fantastic. I did 1 thing a little differently than normal and it seems to have had a stronger than expected effect. All i did was rinse my razor under hot water, but it made the entire shave feel dramatically smoother both during and after. I still used cold water for everything else and it started by accident as I bumped the faucet slightly to the hot side.

The soap is beginning to diminish faster than I'd have expected even with me loading the same or possibly even less. I think it's days are numbered.

A couple of good shaves were had. In fact, they were downright fantastic. I did 1 thing a little differently than normal and it seems to have had a stronger than expected effect. All i did was rinse my razor under hot water, but it made the entire shave feel dramatically smoother both during and after. I still used cold water for everything else and it started by accident as I bumped the faucet slightly to the hot side.

I always rinse my razor off inbetween passes in hot water so it heats up the head and blade. It makes for a more efficient cut, and I believe drastically helps the shave.

If you can believe it, shaving with a heated razor was even patented in 1942! Patent US2298508 - Shaving method

Shave #7 with the Wilkie

5e148ee887c4a565bc73d641803f9f33.jpg

Excellent 3 pass shave this morning for my weekend shave:

Preshave: Crown Shaving Co.
Brush: APShaveCo Gelousy
Soap: L&L Grooming - Chatillon Lux Champs de Lavande
Razor: Charcoal Goods Level 3
Blade: Wilkinson Light Brigade (7)
Aftershave: Antica Barberia Colla Almond Oil Aftershave Milk

Shave #4

I decided to put the Gillette 7 o'clock Black into my new Bakelite Tech. Used the new LaToja and we were off to the races. A great shave face lathering with my travel Yaqi brush. I splashed some Duke Cannon balm on at the end and realized this was a smooth shave. My wife says it's probably the smoothest feeling post shave yet . [emoji106]

Next shave I'm keeping with the Tech but trying a different soap to see how each played into this fabulous shave.

Blade is still going strong too. [emoji846]
f99fa65f20b76b05eea926062911290d.jpg

Back