The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

2nd Annual February "One Blade" Challenge!

OBF 18

20200222_131557.jpg

Back at home and time to give the Parson's Beta 1 a go. Went at it with a boar first, same as beta 2, and got a great creamy lather. Plenty of slickness and, even though it seemed to shave off pretty clean, a little water can bring that slickness right back. Even with my skin being a little out of whack from travel and weather changes my face is feeling good. Shave 18 on the Shark SS seems just as solid and smooth as the last several have been. So far I'm thinking it will go the distance. once the challenge is over I'll probably even keep pushing it to see where it goes but I'll definitely be sneaking in some SR shaves cause I'm jonesing for those.

@Spider my wife says she loves the skull mason jars and asked where she could get one......
Ha! Actually they were hot sauce jars (Bone Rattler). We bought 8 of them when they were on clearance, like $1.60 per jar. The sauce wasn’t great, but made an easy base for our hot wings that we spiked with hotter sauce. All empty now, and we use them to just drink from.

Friday
Razor:
RR GC .84p
Blade: Derby Premium (21)
Brush: Stirling Synthetic
Soap: WSP Blackbeard
AS: WSP Blackbeard

Saturday
Razor
RR GC .84p

Blade: Derby Premium (22)
Brush: Stirling Synthetic
Soap: RR Santal Royale
AS: Skin Bracer

22 shaves in and still killing it! Shave number 21 was a true BBS, no asterisk needed. 22 was close, but there were a few spots on the jawline that I must have missed, user error. This blade is really surprising me.

Ha! Actually they were hot sauce jars (Bone Rattler). We bought 8 of them when they were on clearance, like $1.60 per jar. The sauce wasn’t great, but made an easy base for our hot wings that we spiked with hotter sauce. All empty now, and we use them to just drink from.
Thank you for the reply..

Sorry I wasnt able to be on for long then and couldnt do a search being I'm still dealing with the aftermaths of the funeral of my grandfather and dealing with the estate and other family stuff. My little 5 yr old twins are having a hard time understanding where their papa chuck is so yes it was easier to just ask him where to get one.

Sorry I wasnt able to be on for long then and couldnt do a search being I'm still dealing with the aftermaths of the funeral of my grandfather and dealing with the estate and other family stuff. My little 5 yr old twins are having a hard time understanding where their papa chuck is so yes it was easier to just ask him where to get one.
It was a joke people have been using here recently. No offense intended

It was a joke people have been using here recently. No offense intended
Sorry.. None taken. Like I said I haven't been on much lately, just a quick pop in to see how its going and to post the occasional updates...I hadn't seen that used though was why I said sorry.. Ok. Have a great day.

Didn't post the other day, but same as today not much to report. As I restarted, everything is peachy (decided to use a brand new blade, so this is shave two... Not four).

Razor: RR GC .84p
Blade: Derby Premium (22)
Brush: Tech Hive Synthetic
Soap: CBL V for Vetiver-Tonsorial
AS: Clubman

Cruising along with the Derby Premium. Still smooth and efficient. No irritation and a DFS+ shave. Can it go the distance? I really think so.

Shave 23 with my Guard cartridge. I moved up my timeline for prepping with shaving oil, starting last night instead of tonight. I used my own brew which I think was kukui nut and macadamia nut oils (secret ingredients for folks in Hawaii) and lime EO. It had the effect I was expecting. I am back to two pass near BBS again. It is a little messier to start with, but the shaves are great.(y)

At this rate, damn the 31 days, I might go for a second month! :eek:

OBF 18

20200222_131557.jpg

Back at home and time to give the Parson's Beta 1 a go. Went at it with a boar first, same as beta 2, and got a great creamy lather. Plenty of slickness and, even though it seemed to shave off pretty clean, a little water can bring that slickness right back. Even with my skin being a little out of whack from travel and weather changes my face is feeling good. Shave 18 on the Shark SS seems just as solid and smooth as the last several have been. So far I'm thinking it will go the distance. once the challenge is over I'll probably even keep pushing it to see where it goes but I'll definitely be sneaking in some SR shaves cause I'm jonesing for those.
What kind of bottle did you put Whisky Woods into? Where can you get them. I need to do that will all of my clubman plastic containers.

What kind of bottle did you put Whisky Woods into? Where can you get them. I need to do that will all of my clubman plastic containers.
Its was actually a hot sauce bottle from some fancy thing my wife's friend sells. I think it's called cocoa Exchange or something. we really like their green chili sauce so bbn I have moved all 3 of my pinaud aftershaves into those. I just finished cleaning up another one but didn't have plans for it yet. Shoot me a pm and I can probably get it out to you.

Its was actually a hot sauce bottle from some fancy thing my wife's friend sells. I think it's called cocoa Exchange or something. we really like their green chili sauce so bbn I have moved all 3 of my pinaud aftershaves into those. I just finished cleaning up another one but didn't have plans for it yet. Shoot me a pm and I can probably get it out to you.
Nice way to repurpose a hot sauce bottle. I have one that is about empty, so I will try to do the same with it. Thanks for your offer, but don’t worry about sending one my way, no need to spend postage on an empty bottle.

Back