The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

2nd Annual February "One Blade" Challenge!

OBF 15

20200217_132435.jpg

This blade is showing no signs of quitting on me.

Sorry I haven't been able to make a post recently 😞 😞 my grandfather passed away 😥😢😢😪 I have gotten up to shave 14 and so I'm still in this. The funeral is Thursday with a full honors Navy burial on Friday so I'm not going to be on alot over the next few weeks dealing with the estate and all..... Have a great one everybody....

Sorry I haven't been able to make a post recently 😞 😞 my grandfather passed away 😥😢😢😪 I have gotten up to shave 14 and so I'm still in this. The funeral is Thursday with a full honors Navy burial on Friday so I'm not going to be on alot over the next few weeks dealing with the estate and all..... Have a great one everybody....
I'm sorry for your family's loss. May your memories of him be a blessing. I'll be thinking of you this week.

So sorry for your loss

So sorry for your loss

Thank you. He was 93 my grandmother passed about 3 years ago so now he's back with her. He was a pilot during WW2 so the Navy is giving him full honors funeral. One funny memory is he always had problems with telling left from right but was a great pilot. One time flying with him I was in the copilot seat and he said to me okay you got this and let go of the controls and let me fly and I think I was like 12 years old at the time. I will / do miss him.

Sunday:
Razor:
RR GC .84p
Blade: Derby Premium (16)
Brush: TSC 1st Anniversary Sorrentino Cashmere
Soap: RR Blue Fougere
AS: Stirling Gentleman

Monday
Razor:
RR GC .84p
Blade: Derby Premium
Brush: Eveready Mystery Badger
Soap: RR Blue Fougere
AS: Stirling Gentleman

Shaves 16 & 17 on the Derby Premium. The force is strong with this one. Still going great and cutting those whiskers!
Trying to put a dent in the RR Blue Fougere. Still looks like a brand new tub 🤦🏻‍♂️

Shave 9 (Gillette 7 o'clock Black)

This evening marks my first shave #9 on a 7 o'clock Black (or any razor). It was pretty good, mostly smooth, and fairly efficient. No complaints.

I used my Gamechanger 68 with CBL Premium Smoky Mountain Cedar. [emoji106]

I’m standing at about 15 shaves on this Kai Captain titan mild using the Razorline feather clone. I started stropping the blade on my cotton strop a few days ago but I don’t think it was doing much to keep it clean or extend the life because after about 10 uses I think I was feeling the blade fade some. This morning it was definitely more tuggy so I decided to run it across the pasted balsa strop. I did 2 laps just sliding it flat across then 1 lap with the back edge resting on a slightly thicker Kai blade so the bevel was resting perfectly on the strop. That seemed to do the job, we will see in the morning.

Shave 18 today. Much better than yesterday.... no blood!

Went with another new to me soap, the Vetiver from Queen Charlotte Shave that I got as part of a trade with @Dave in KY. I had forgotten how great the soaps form QCS were. I only have one soap and one cream form them, so they don't get used much. But man, this is one of the first artisans to actually get shaving soap right! It's a shame they aren't with us any more, as they really would hold their own still in today's market. The lather was super thick and cusiony. And slickness was pretty good too. Pretty well on par with Stirling's soaps, to give you an idea, if you've never tried, but maybe one tick better. So again, as to the results of this shave, which were fantastic, I have to blame Dave!

The Thayers Aftershave is my new favorite aftershave. Feels great and I'm loving the scent. They call it a Woody Aquatic scent. Whatever that means, but it's awesome.

SOTD 2-18.jpg

Shave 18 today. Much better than yesterday.... no blood!

Went with another new to me soap, the Vetiver from Queen Charlotte Shave that I got as part of a trade with @Dave in KY. I had forgotten how great the soaps form QCS were. I only have one soap and one cream form them, so they don't get used much. But man, this is one of the first artisans to actually get shaving soap right! It's a shame they aren't with us any more, as they really would hold their own still in today's market. The lather was super thick and cusiony. And slickness was pretty good too. Pretty well on par with Stirling's soaps, to give you an idea, if you've never tried, but maybe one tick better. So again, as to the results of this shave, which were fantastic, I have to blame Dave!

The Thayers Aftershave is my new favorite aftershave. Feels great and I'm loving the scent. They call it a Woody Aquatic scent. Whatever that means, but it's awesome.

View attachment 17347
Yay, my fault again but actually in a good way this time. Glad you like it KJ. Only used it once myself. No problems just one I was willing to let go. Glad it's got a good home 😊

Why mess with success? Today's shave #14 was nearly the same as yesterday. Grooming Dept preshave; APR Bourbon Rose Fougere with APShaveco Gelousy brush; Charcoal Goods Level 2 with the Wilkie; followed by ABC Almond Oil AS Milk.

Shave 18 with Feather/Tech combo. Having a little more trouble cleaning up some of the stubborn spots, otherwise still getting good shave longevity and blade is fairly comfortable.

Back