The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

2nd Annual February "One Blade" Challenge!

PS: I cannot see anywhere where I may have posted such, so I apologize if this is duplicative, I just want to be sure I let you know @Spider ... Please don't include me in the PIF part. I just want to go through the challenge to see if I can, and learn something from it. Thanks.
+1 on the PIF. I received a generous PIF from @CBLindsay so I’m out of others for a while.

OBF 14

20200216_081636.jpg

The Shark SS is still giving great shaves.

Didn’t get a chance to post after #13 yesterday because we were headed out to see the Stanley cup and watch the Stadium Series game at the Air Force Academy in Colorado Springs. 2CA6CAB5-B94A-4FF1-9E8B-39D5F73885D7.jpeg

This morning was shave #14 with the Nacet and it is still going strong. At this rate, I may never have to buy blades again.

Shave 16 on the Tech/Feather combo. Still chugging along!

Didn’t get a chance to post after #13 yesterday because we were headed out to see the Stanley cup and watch the Stadium Series game at the Air Force Academy in Colorado Springs. View attachment 17213

This morning was shave #14 with the Nacet and it is still going strong. At this rate, I may never have to buy blades again.
Man, that looks like it was a great time!

Last edited:
Shave 16 today. That Parson’s Soap from @The Monkey is something else I tell ya. He got the slickness factor nailed perfectly. It’s really making these shaves so easy. Once I got off the CBL 3017 and tried a few other things that were in waiting, it’s all I have used. I’m not 3017ing it, but it hard to stop using it at this point.

Shave 16 today. That Parson’s Soap from @The Monkey is something else I tell ya. He got the slickness factor nailed perfectly. It’s really making these shaves so easy. Once I got off the CBL 3017 and tried a few other things that were in waiting, it’s all I have used. I’m not 3017ing it, but it hard to stop using it at this point.
Catching up on things since the 3017 also and I have to get to mine now too

Yer dern tootin'!!!
I'm retired, fixed income. I figure I must be saving half a cent every day I don't shave.

But every day I DO shave is a day my lovely War Department probably won't call a divorce lawyer, so you can see my predicament.....

Save a few cents or lose half my assets!

... my lovely War Department probably won't call a divorce lawyer, so you can see my predicament...

Lol. I love this reference. I may have mentioned it in the past, I don't know... I worked with a doctor for years who referred to his wife as the War Department. He retired maybe 8 years ago, then passed away a few years back. Miss him, he was such a great guy.

@Shavin’ Yeti Gotta love hockey and the oldest (1893) professional trophy in Lord Stanley's Cup. How many sports will bring out their trophy for fans to see and take photos with ? It's by far the best professional team sport out there - sorry to my European footballers and American football fans. Those Canucks love hockey so much that their former Prime Minister Stephen Harper published a book (2013) while still in office on the history of the sport (A Great Game The Forgotten Leafs & The Rise of Professional Hockey). I can't wait for the "second" season of playoff hockey in 2 months.

Oh, I almost forgot my Personna Red is starting to feel a little dull so I will be using the other side so as to make it a full month.

Lol. I love this reference. I may have mentioned it in the past, I don't know... I worked with a doctor for years who referred to his wife as the War Department. He retired maybe 8 years ago, then passed away a few years back. Miss him, he was such a great guy.
He sounds a lot like me!

I'm also a great guy!

I tell my lovely War Department that AT LEAST twice a day.

My Dad always joked that it was a good thing my wife married me. That way we only ruined one marriage!

@Shavin’ Yeti Gotta love hockey and the oldest (1893) professional trophy in Lord Stanley's Cup. How many sports will bring out their trophy for fans to see and take photos with ? It's by far the best professional team sport out there - sorry to my European footballers and American football fans. Those Canucks love hockey so much that their former Prime Minister Stephen Harper published a book (2013) while still in office on the history of the sport (A Great Game The Forgotten Leafs & The Rise of Professional Hockey). I can't wait for the "second" season of playoff hockey in 2 months.

Oh, I almost forgot my Personna Red is starting to feel a little dull so I will be using the other side so as to make it a full month.
I totally agree with you about the history of Lord Stanley’s Cup. It was really cool to see the dents and scratches in the cup up close. Of the three major sport championship trophies I have seen in person, this is hands down the best one. The World Series trophy is ok if you are into a bunch of flags on flagpoles as your trophy (saw that one at Wrigley Field in 2017). The Lombardi trophy is so plain and boring (have seen that one at the Denver Broncos facility just south of metro Denver).
I will definitely have to check out your book suggestion. And yes, playoff hockey is just around the corner. Glad to find another hockey fan here on the forums.

I hear ya on the Parson's soap! I snuck in a lather yesterday, instead of continuing to 3017 the Nil, and it was stupendous! @The Monkey nailed it, and I am thankful for the sample he gave me!

1 finger phone typing.

My dad shaved with disposables and electric razors when I got to shaving, so I never got a chance to see him use the Fat Boy that was under the sink. But if the norm was 1 pass, it would mean that now, at 14 shaves on my blade, I have done between 28 and 42 shaves by the way he shaved back in the day! And 42, The Answer! [emoji106]

1 finger phone typing.

13th shave and settling in with the Wilkie. Trying out a new (to me) soap this week: Australian Private Reserve Fougere Bourbon Rose. I think that this is the F1 formula. I received it in trade from the soap sample library. Solid performance and nice (if muted) scent. Used my L2 Charcoal Goods razor with very nice results.

Back