The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

2022 TSC Convention Las Vegas April 22-24,2022 (DISCUSSION THREAD ONLY)

For everyone who chooses to partake, to bring some bottle of something local or one of your favorites to share to drink? If you are able to bring it with you safely and legally. Not a requirement, just if you want to.
Got a few bigger bottles to bring samples in. Am I going this right?
C8EF2EE9-25C9-43CD-B567-23E1BD26E072.jpeg

Extra info #4:

The Gold & Silver Pawn shop, made famous by the Pawn Star guys is very close to Downtown (a 3 minute bus ride south on Las Vegas Blvd.). The show used to tape there and people used to pawn stuff there….but not so much in the past 4 or 5 years. These days, in order to get in, you have to stand in a line outside and wait for the doorman to let you in. Not much pawning goes on but you can buy a nice hat, keychain or shirt to show you went there. And you can see plenty of the items the Pawn Star guys bought and didn’t sell….its more of a museum and a gift shop and a money-making enterprise. A few years ago, they bought the two buildings next door and flattened them to expand their parking lot and build a BBQ place (not the best in town, in my opinion) and a candy shop for Chumlee. It’s a touristy tourist trap in a town that was built as a tourist trap. But if you love the show….its worth it. Don’t expect to see anyone from the show.

Extra info #5

The governor lifted the state-wide mask mandate when the CDC recommended lifting it. But some businesses still require masks. Not very many that I’ve encountered, but I’ve heard that there are a few (so far, I haven't seen any downtown but I haven't visited every business). As with most things during this pandemic, its all up to individuals to determine their risk-acceptance. Its not unusual to see a few people still wearing masks and you can also find plenty of people who have dropped mask wearing all together.

The Gold & Silver Pawn shop
We're going to need Extra Info #6 that tells us where the businessmen that are only in town for a convention and bet too large to show off to their coworkers go to pawn their nice watches so they don't return home to their wives broke.

We're going to need Extra Info #6 that tells us where the businessmen that are only in town for a convention and bet too large to show off to their coworkers go to pawn their nice watches so they don't return home to their wives broke.
….shooosh, he needs to know where to pawn a watch if he needs to…..
😎

Back