The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

2020 TSC Brush Group Buy ( in process thread )

Status
Not open for further replies.
All i gotta say is if @Spider's brush is all full of beautiful knots and swirls and just plain awesome I am going to die a little inside. ...but we won't know for an undisclosed period of time because Captain America is off flying that wing thing over the beaches of Sierra Leone or something

Mine arrived Thursday. Just for everyone's benefit and transparency that may not have an SV brush to compare theirs to, there is apparently a wide tolerance allowed at SV and will be variances as can be seen in all of mine. All 26mm except the Bamboo at 28mm. My knot is set lower and the crown is the same height (actually slightly lower than 2) as my other 3 SV Brushes so that is not the cause.
IMG_20200828_111047402.jpg
Even though set lower than my preference I still have high hopes for this brush and piece of TSC History that it is and thank all 3 owners and especially Dave for connecting us with SV to make this happen. Special thanks to Sharon for tracking down the mailers (essentially doing the PO's job for them)to expedite delivery. Brush pics prior to and 1 after it's soaking in a Stirling Hipster lather soak for overnight. Not the prettiest as @MilkCrate has it so far but pleased with it.
IMG_20200828_203949653.jpgIMG_20200828_203955778.jpgIMG_20200828_203958565.jpgIMG_20200828_204003754.jpgIMG_20200828_205045648.jpg

Last edited:
Would you believe despite placing 3 separate orders for bubble mailers, going back as far as 1 month now, none of the 3 orders has been delivered and all 3 show as ā€œprocessingā€ with no delivery confirmation when the order details are viewed ...but all orders show as ā€˜completedā€™ in the history menu. If not for Sharonā€™s staking out of 3 separate post offices to get the needed bubble mailers we would have had to Execute plan B 1/2

Mine arrived Thursday. Just for everyone's benefit and transparency that may not have an SV brush to compare theirs to, there is apparently a wide tolerance allowed at SV and will be variances as can be seen in all of mine. All 26mm except the Bamboo at 28mm. My knot is set lower and the crown is the same height (actually slightly lower than 2) as my other 3 SV Brushes so that is not the cause.
View attachment 33916
Even though set lower than my preference I still have high hopes for this brush and piece of TSC History that it is and thank all 3 owners and especially Dave for connecting us with SV to make this happen. Special thanks to Sharon for tracking down the mailers (essentially doing the PO's job for them)to expedite delivery. Brush pics prior to and 1 after it's soaking in a Stirling Hipster lather soak for overnight. Not the prettiest as @MilkCrate has it so far but pleased with it.
View attachment 33917View attachment 33918View attachment 33919View attachment 33920View attachment 33921

Thatā€™s a nice grain pattern! And OMG ... you have 4!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back