The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

2020 TSC Brush Group Buy ( in process thread )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Curious to try this one. The knot seems much smaller and set deeper than my other SV
View attachment 33724
View attachment 33725
Unless you have the paragon Dave which is 30 mm it’s the exact same as the artisan 2.0 it’s 26 mm and it’s set at the same loft it may appear a little bit lower but I measured it,it’s exactly the same. There may be a millimeter or two difference but nothing that’s gonna affect how it Lathers. It is a little bit denser than the normal high mountain white but that’s the only difference the crown is just a tad taller but the knot depth is the same

I hate to say it because of the how cool it is to get something like this, but I also have inconsistent gaps between the wood and the ring and see that on others brushes as well :(

If you are unhappy with your brush please PM us. Remember each brush is different when working with an organic material. SV inspected all brushes and sent. After Dave, Chris, and I opened ares we saw no reason to open all of them. But did notice the subtle differences just between the 3.

Again if it's not to your liking message us we'll make it right

Last edited:
It is. Mine is set at 48.75mm compared to 49.90mm on another SV brush. It's also smaller.
Interesting. On this one I have it at 49mm but my other is 52mm. Maybe my other one was just set high.

@FarmerTan and @Spider...I think @Max Sprecher has the better grain on one side but @MilkCrate has those knots. Oh so nice.
and the exact description of the brush is in the first post (knot size and wood).
I double checked against my other two SV BRUSHES (one is an olive wood with gold crown too) both are the larger size knot. The bigger knot is about 31mm when measured tightly, and the TSC knot IS smaller at about 26.5mm, both sit at the exact same total height but as @BarberDave pointed out the custom crown is larger/taller by a ring.
53F175A5-4C74-41A0-B9FA-EB272D4667FD.jpeg
image.jpg

@FarmerTan and @Spider...I think @Max Sprecher has the better grain on one side but @MilkCrate has those knots. Oh so nice.
and the exact description of the brush is in the first post (knot size and wood).
I double checked against my other two SV BRUSHES (one is an olive wood with gold crown too) both are the larger size knot. The bigger knot is about 31mm when measured tightly, and the TSC knot IS smaller at about 26.5mm, both sit at the exact same total height but as @BarberDave pointed out the custom crown is larger/taller by a ring.
View attachment 33733
View attachment 33734
Okay. You win. @Spider : Hey! These two are now the best!

I always aim for a hair loft between 48 to 50mm so this fits right into my wheelhouse. It's a wonderful knot as was already mentioned by Dave and Chad. Right now I'm following Dave's advise on the pre-lather soaking with a lanolin based soap. I never liked MWF as it smells like wet sheep to me so I ditched it probably a decade ago :ROFLMAO:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back