The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

2020 TSC Brush Group Buy ( in process thread )

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always aim for a hair loft between 48 to 50mm so this fits right into my wheelhouse. It's a wonderful knot as was already mentioned by Dave and Chad. Right now I'm following Dave's advise on the pre-lather soaking with a lanolin based soap. I never liked MWF as it smells like wet sheep to me so I ditched it probably a decade ago :ROFLMAO:
I used a straight coconut oil soap I made just for brush cleaning then lathered up some Sv for the rest of the cleaning. They have a unique ‘museum’ like funk...the kind you smell on museum firs not a raw animal funk. That funk goes away after a few lathers and rinses. I love mine, I DO like my 30mm knot too. Hard to say which if either is a better size though. The TSC knot does gel almost instantly though.

Isn’t that a disco term from the 70’s? ‘ I feel de funk, how bout you?”
I'm pretty sure I heard Lawrence Welk say: "Here you go folks! The boys are going to do, ' Play de Funky music white boy...'. "

Coulda been HeeHaw though..... We only got 3 channels out here in Mudville!"

A simple cleaning and it needed it. The lather/water turned from white to tan.

I defunk by using also. The worst brush was horsehair, it was rank for about a week or so.
So how did it feel? The SV brushes have the best feeling badgers of any I've tried so far and will only get better as used

So how did it feel? The SV brushes have the best feeling badgers of any I've tried so far and will only get better as used

It felt really nice! Comfortable feel in the hand and has nice weight to it. No real scritch to speak of and it is dense. I think the splay is nice as well and I know it will only get better as it breaks in. It’s a keeper!

When I took that pic this morning, I reflected back on my first setup (DE razor). My gosh I have fallen into some rabbit holes.

For those that have not gotten their brush yet here is another comparison of the standard artisan 2.0 in our special edition brush the crown is taller but the set of the knot is the same
0ADC6D08-6765-49F6-9012-DDE1282FBF34.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back