The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Words of wisd..... Yeah right.... We all know better than that!

Nice that the fridge part was less than expected. That's always a good thing! And I have to agree...that CBL Hemp Oil base is some seriously good stuff!

I think there's a lot of us on here that doesn't know what the smell of money is :ROFLMAO:

You need to buy two sets of sheets when you find them! I try to do that with things I really like. I bought a really nice pocket knife and loved it so much that I bought a second one that sits in it's box just waiting for the time when this one wears out. Sounds like you are as rough on your sheets as I am on my knife 😜

Been quite the day today. Supposed to be on my way to bed but I feel a bit too awesome to sleep.

I smell pretty tasty! Peppermint hemp soap in the shower then I felt chocolaty tonight so the shave was CBL Decadent Chocolate and my crappy no good gold dollar straight razor.

The scent of this stuff is just absolutely amazing!!!! If I have to be 100% honest, personally I like the harder soap base than the creamy one. To me it doesn't load as easily/consistently and the first lather is a bit more of an effort to make when face lathering. But boy when it starts to lather it just goes!! The performance is still absolutely stellar so definitely no complaints there, just a personal preference thing.

I also got a message today that I will be getting a package soon. Chris @cmh737 was awesome enough to hold out until I got some things straightened out and I now have that spectacular looking Westholm AND the Tony Miller on their way to me!!

And for the other reason I'm in such a mood, I got called into the office today to meet with the two sons of the company owner. One is in charge of the entire plant, and the other is in charge of maintenance. (my direct boss)
My 90 days was up the first of the month. Today they gave me my review. Apparently they like what I've been doing because I got a $2 an hour raise and they are back paying me to my 90 day mark since they were late with my review!! All suggested by them even!! So looks like I'm staying where I'm at for a while! :D

Hey, Shawn. Great how things are working out so well at the job. Sounds like you found some great people to work for, and of course they like your work ethic. No surprise there. (y)

Well, now I think I want me some Decadent Chocolate! So happy for you and the raise Shawn...but more importantly, it appears that you have found an employer that values your skills and hard work! Sounds like a place you can call home!

Sounds like you're working for a couple of good guys!

$2 an hour raise, that's so awesome Shawn! I've always felt employers should pay to keep good employees instead of giving blanket nominal raises to all. Sounds like your employer wants to keep you. Some might think that's not a lot, but we know how many blacksmithing tools can be bought with $80 a week more in the budget ;)

Good shave tonight. Shavemac brush, summer storm, and Case straight razor.

Been busy still. Work has been good. Had the torches out this morning cutting up a bunch of junk steel, then had the backhoe out cleaning up some stone and crap that had been pushed up by the plows over the winter. Then was working on changing a control board for a CNC boring machine. Had to take the old one out, drill new mounting holes, solder in the wiring to the proper terminals, and then install it. Here is the old one.

Back