The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Words of wisd..... Yeah right.... We all know better than that!

(continued..)

Then I took it over to the lathe and did some boring, turning and threading. Then to the mill to drill a few holes and then managed to get this photo while cutting the final groove into the inner bore.

20190404_073324.jpg

Tonight I had some more "good" news.......
Planned on doing some work in the shop after work since it was about 45 and nice, and we are supposed to get freezing rain and snow starting late tonight again. Instead, I was on the floor in the kitchen behind the refrigerator with a flashlight and multi-meter.... It wasn't cold anymore.
Panel on the front works..... Check.
Fan inside running..... Check.
Take the back off. Condenser fan running.... Check.
120v to the compressor..... Check.
6 to 12 volts variable voltage to the inverter circuit board..... Check.
Take the inverter off and check resistance on compressor coils. Less than 10 ohms and all equal.... Good.
So the inverter is bad. Call the repair shop and give model number. He lets me talk to a tech to double check everything. Tech has me also check compressor coil leads to ground to make sure it isn't shorting out.... Good.
So it's confirmed. Back to the parts guy. $270 inverter ordered...... The "good" news is at least it wasn't the $1200 compressor unit.....

I'd really like to find the guy that keeps cutting the bottom few rungs off my ladder every time I get to the top of the hole and punch him right in the mouth....

Last edited:
All I have to say is...man that is one hell of a chuck!

Sorry about the fridge Shawn. But I like Dave's idea...hold that guy down and I got a good swift kick where the sun don't shine!

That's on a 6 foot radial arm drill press. It is a pretty impressive piece of machinery. You definitely make sure all of your hold downs are TIGHT or it will have a hissy fit and throw things rather violently.

The fridge is about 13 years old, so it has earned it's keep for sure. And that part is still a lot cheaper than the $2300 I paid for the darn thing 13 years ago. I'd hate to price the same thing now....

That's on a 6 foot radial arm drill press. It is a pretty impressive piece of machinery. You definitely make sure all of your hold downs are TIGHT or it will have a hissy fit and throw things rather violently.

The fridge is about 13 years old, so it has earned it's keep for sure. And that part is still a lot cheaper than the $2300 I paid for the darn thing 13 years ago. I'd hate to price the same thing now....

Yeah...they are definitely not cheap!

Dude, that's not a drill bit. It's an aluminum baseball bat! Always like checking out the pics from your shop Shawn. Nice shaves in there too lol. That brush is a beauty, but I still think mine is the best! 😂😂😂

Question. Do you have the equipment to turn smaller pieces of metal. Say maybe, the size of a razor handle?

Just got caught up Shawn, I'd love to have that quench tank! I'd also love to have drill bits that eat up metal like that. Wish my job had those machinery perks. Nice car too! Needs a hood scoop and spoiler (just kidding, please don't do that :D)

Quick update...

Last night I felt hot and muggy, so I went all cooling. Peppermint soap in the shower, summer storm soap and AS, and was going to be lazy because I was tired and use a DE, but since the last update was my last shave, I opted for a straight because I knew a DE would struggle....

Homefront, I picked up the part for my fridge today. The quote on the phone was 270, but when I picked it up I only got charged 223. I'll take that haha. Got it installed and fridge is working again.

Been super busy lately. We are on overtime at work, weather has been half way decent so been trying to catch up in the shop. Then the every day running stuff on top of that.... Whew...

I did get an amazing package in the mail earlier in the week from Chris. @CBLindsay Got some more of my chocolate soap and a small tub of "love" soap. It is a chocolate, rose, oud, and money scent. I have no clue what money is supposed to smell like, but it has a good rose scent with hints of oud and chocolate. All of them are the hemp oil base, and this stuff is amazing in it's performance. Only 2 shaves so far this week (yes... I'm slacking...) but I got pics for both. Thanks again for thae awesome soap Chris!!

Home/work has just been busy. Nothing real exciting good or bad, so I guess that's ok. Did notice last night when making the bed after the laundry that my sheets are starting to wear through and need replaced. I paid around $90 for that set, but I've had them for about 3 1/2 years now. Used every day and washed once a week. I'd say I definitely got my moneys worth from them. Now to see if I can find another set of them. Got them at JC Penny's, so who knows if they still have the same thing or not by now.

Back