The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What's blasting in your headphones?

Opera on public radio while shaving this morning, because they are having their fall donation drive and were giving away during the hour a CD set of opera performances, as a thank you gift for a certain donation level. Although I admire the talent and expression and sheer beauty of the singers' voices, the story lines of operas have never interested me, and the music just doesn't move me emotionally as instrumental classical music does.

Giacomo Puccini: La Bohème: Che gelida manina
Herbert von Karajan/Berlin Philharmonic; Luciano Pavarotti, tenor

Léo Delibes: Lakmé: Viens, Mallika (Flower Duet)
Richard Bonynge/Monte Carlo National Opera Orchestra; Joan Sutherland, soprano; Jane Berbié, mezzo-soprano

Giacomo Puccini: Tosca: Vissi d'arte
Herbert von Karajan/Vienna Philharmonic; Leontyne Price, soprano

Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart: The Marriage of Figaro, K.492: Dove sono
Georg Solti/London Philharmonic Orchestra; Kiri Te Kanawa, soprano

Giacomo Puccini: Turandot: Nessun dorma
Zubin Mehta/London Philharmonic Orchestra; John Alldis Choir; Luciano Pavarotti, tenor

Nice and chill - I tell you when I saw the name I thought they were going to be speed metal 😂
I thought the same thing! It didn’t help that @ShawnF posted a Nuclear Blast band right above it lol.
I like some Cory Wong.

If you want some interesting interpretations, you should check out this band's catalog:

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
I saw these guys years ago at Warped Tour. They’re hilarious!

Nice and chill - I tell you when I saw the name I thought they were going to be speed metal [emoji23]
Haha, I see what you are saying. I had some speed metal years. I may drop some here at some point. My listening tastes are absurdly varied in my advanced age.

My listening tastes are absurdly varied
You aren't the only one. I go from things like Lorna Shore and Slaughter To Prevail, to HoodCelebrity and Shenseea, to Emilie Autumn and VNV Nation, to Peter Gabriel and Pink Floyd, to Loreena McKienitt and Dinez Prigent, to all kinds of other things in between.....

That's why I started this thread. Love hearing new stuff.

You aren't the only one. I go from things like Lorna Shore and Slaughter To Prevail, to HoodCelebrity and Shenseea, to Emilie Autumn and VNV Nation, to Peter Gabriel and Pink Floyd, to Loreena McKienitt and Dinez Prigent, to all kinds of other things in between.....

That's why I started this thread. Love hearing new stuff.
I am counting on being introduced to new music. Love it. And I love talking music. Very few people around me talk music outside of a very homogenous set up top 40 acts.

Back