The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What's blasting in your headphones?

As the guitar roadie for my friends band, I got to go to a lot of concerts. Not every band was up and coming, some were on the down side of their careers. Such was the case of Missing Persons. Huge in the early days of New Wave, they hadn't had a hit in some time. But they have a bunch of great songs and playing for a nostalgic crowd can be good fun. Also, it pays the mortgage.

Getting to see them during sound check was enlightening. Dale Bozzio (singer) and Terry Bozzio (drummer) had been married. Had, being the operative word. They spent most of the sound check arguing over everything imaginable: where the drums should go, Terry had them set up at the front of the stage, nearly blocking the whole stage. They argued about their two kids, who stood off stage while mom and dad screamed obscenities at each other. Dale screamed at their hired keyboard player and at one point, Warren, the guitarist, leaned over to me, shaking his head, and said "I can't wait to go back to Duran Duran next week". It was a nightmare.

But since I've just spent the past weekend in Los Angeles (where I'm originally from) here's a song about LA.

As the guitar roadie for my friends band, I got to go to a lot of concerts. Not every band was up and coming, some were on the down side of their careers. Such was the case of Missing Persons. Huge in the early days of New Wave, they hadn't had a hit in some time. But they have a bunch of great songs and playing for a nostalgic crowd can be good fun. Also, it pays the mortgage.

Getting to see them during sound check was enlightening. Dale Bozzio (singer) and Terry Bozzio (drummer) had been married. Had, being the operative word. They spent most of the sound check arguing over everything imaginable: where the drums should go, Terry had them set up at the front of the stage, nearly blocking the whole stage. They argued about their two kids, who stood off stage while mom and dad screamed obscenities at each other. Dale screamed at their hired keyboard player and at one point, Warren, the guitarist, leaned over to me, shaking his head, and said "I can't wait to go back to Duran Duran next week". It was a nightmare.

But since I've just spent the past weekend in Los Angeles (where I'm originally from) here's a song about LA.

1632153175902.gif

Back