The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What's blasting in your headphones?

In honor of their successful vote to (finally) be inducted into the Rock N' Roll Hall of Fame......here's Duran Duran!!

I was lucky enough to live in Los Angeles so we had the most incredible radio stations....KROQ being the New Wave/Alternative station... so we heard Duran Duran long before MTV decided to make them world famous. It was about two days after this song was first played that every girl I knew in school suddenly was in love with at least one member of the band (the girl I was dating at the time was a John Taylor girl....and could ya blame her.....dude is a stud). And a week after that, everyone was dressing like the band.....except me :cry:.

I've always loved their songs but I've always wondered what the heck is going on in the lyrics, Simon never makes any sense but that wasn't always the point in the 1980's. Enjoy this blast from the past.....I'm just glad my mom wouldn't let me buy any of these clothes....I would have looked ridiculous.....well, maybe MORE ridiculous.

I always loved this song but it was a live performance that made me really love it.

Tears For Fears played in Vegas back in the early 90's and I was excited to get a chance to see them, having missed my chance several times in the 80's. For this song, they decided to completely strip the song down in its entirety and Roland simply played the single guitar chords while the audience sang the entire song. Still one of my favorite concert moments.

Back