The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What ya eatin?

Never thought about grilling an avocado. Your chicken boob are going to get dried out!
1f60b.png

Grilled avocado is awesome! Chicken was perfect. Took it off to rest right after this photo

Seriously though...I need to try to grill me some avocado.

Do you just split and grill? Or do you butter or salt or, or, or...

Split, a tiny bit of olive oil, salt, and pepper. YUM!

Don do you ever fry them? I cut in strips and make avocado fries. They’re awesome.

Don do you ever fry them? I cut in strips and make avocado fries. They’re awesome.

So I have a love hate relationship with avocados. Sometimes I can eat them no problem...other times they turn my stomach just thinking about them. But they are a really good source of fat and would make my life so much easier if I could just eat them all the time. So I look for new ways to make them palatable all the time.

No...I haven't tried frying them...but that sounds good. I need to try that also.

Only time I really eat avocado is if it’s so well mixed up in a salad I can’t get it out or in a California roll.

Man, I eat an avocado every day. Usually with my eggs in the morning.

A little bit of this,

Along with a little bit of that,

makes for something that looks like this,

all washed down with one of these.

A little Saturday college football snack! Good old freshly made cracklins! None of that bagged stuff for me. The place I get them from is just down the road about five minutes. Half the bad didn't even make it home to be in the pic!

Threw some Ribeyes and some bacon wrapped jalapenos on the grill to enjoy with the LSU game!

Back