The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What ya eatin?

what bun? lol that looks amazing!

It was then. And it was again tonight. And tomorrow I hope to finish it off. If any of you find yourself near Kent, Washington, I encourage you to visit Maza Grill. I believe the chef is from Pakistan (great guy), and the waitress, his wife, is from Lebanon (great gal, who explains the entire menu, always asking what you like). At the back of the restaurant there’s a prayer room and a room dedicated to women who don’t want to eat in mixed company. Sometimes one needs to go to the suburbs to learn about different cultures.

The other day we were forecast to get some snow. So, my wife and I decided we'd spend the day inside cooking and watching a movie. So, first we opened up the Carmine's Family Style Cookbook and made a batch of their marinara sauce and a double batch of their meatballs. We have made them before but, wow, did they come out insanely amazing this time. I pan fried them until they had a nice crispy outside and then dumped them in the sauce to cook for a while longer. When I bit into one it was moist and tender and soft. God I love those things. Then, later on for dinner that night I made linguine with white clam sauce using an epicurious recipe. I had bought the clams and might have eaten the meatballs instead but didn't want the clams to go bad. All but one clam opened and the sauce was incredible. I'm not the biggest fan of the dish but it's my wife's favorite so that's why I decided to make it. I followed the recipe except for one thing. I doubled the garlic from 6 cloves to 12. Had some leftovers today for lunch and it was yummy.

I think that's jam. At first it looked like you "toasted" your bread into oblivion.

We've been using the premade cauliflower crust from Costco. It's actually really good
This is actually from a Italian restaurant right here in our little suburb. They make their cauliflower crusts each day. I haven't tried the ones from Costco yet...though I hear good things. I'll have to check it out.

Back