The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What ya eatin?

Today I baked a Pullman loaf. It’s a typical white sandwich bread baked in a covered pan.

View attachment 15362
that makes me what to make some sourdough! it's been to long.
Nicely done. I’ve not baked bread, but would be interested in giving it a try!
go for it! the best tip i have come across is to measure ingredients by mass for bread. there is a lot of chemistry happening and mass gets you a much more consistent result versus volume.

I went to a Halal steak place yesterday for the first time. I'll be going back.

I ordered the "New York Steak Burger." It cost $14.95, which is what any old burger costs in Seattle these days. After I ordered from the waitress, her husband, the chef, came to ask me how I wanted it cooked. He then explained that my burger would be a New York steak ground into a burger, made to order as medium rare. I was a bit skeptical until I received it. I'll see if I can figure out how to post pictures--he guaranteed it would be at least a half-pound, though I'm convinced it was larger. I was proud to eat half of it.

Last edited:
that makes me what to make some sourdough! it's been to long.

go for it! the best tip i have come across is to measure ingredients by mass for bread. there is a lot of chemistry happening and mass gets you a much more consistent result versus volume.

Bread baking is my thing and I typically bake a loaf every weekend, from the sourdoughs to the artisans to regular sandwich loaves. Once you get the hang of it, you can do anything.

Back