The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What ya eatin?

Thanks Dave. I thought making soup was difficult. I was mistaken. The hardest part was figuring out how to use a food processor to puree it. Super easy and super delicious. And the more ham you can stick in there, the better.
When my parent were first married, my mom didn’t know how to cook a single thing. Soups were the first thing she took the time to figure out! Thankfully she’s greatly improved by the time I came along :LOL:

When my parent were first married, my mom didn’t know how to cook a single thing. Soups were the first thing she took the time to figure out! Thankfully she’s greatly improved by the time I came along :LOL:

I can't say the same thing about my mother. She never really learned to cook. For instance, her version of chicken parmesan was to take whole chicken breasts, stick them in an aluminum dish, cover with some bottled spaghetti sauce and large pieces of mozzarella cheese, stick them in the oven and bake. No pounding the chicken. Sadly that was one of the good dishes. She somehow got her hands on a recipe for salmon loaf. Yep. That's right. Meatloaf with out meat in it. It always came out dry. I actually didn't mind the crusty parts because at least that was a little cartelized and would tasted........ok. But my younger brother couldn't stomach the stuff and would sit at the table gagging while my parents would tell him he had to eat it. Pretty sad actually. You were lucky. Every since I moved out of that house I've eaten so much better. That was 33 years ago.

Thanks Dave. I thought making soup was difficult. I was mistaken. The hardest part was figuring out how to use a food processor to puree it. Super easy and super delicious. And the more ham you can stick in there, the better.
Never processed mine. I just boil it down. I just call it country style to explain the chunks.

Hey, you lived right? :ROFLMAO:

Barely. I sure wouldn't call that livin'. I mean, we NEVER had BBQ. More proof? My father was too cheap to go out and buy a real grill or charcoal. Instead he took an old milk box (yes, we had milk delivered when I was young back in the early 70s), rolled up a bunch of newspapers and lit it on fire. Stuck a grate over the box and cooked burgers that way. All that happened was they would get charred up good, harden and ended up like UFO shaped rocks. Well done is an understatement. No amount of condiments could save them. I shouldn't be alive right now. 😂

Never processed mine. I just boil it down. I just call it country style to explain the chunks.

I actually thought twice about not pureeing it into a smooth consistency. But I'm glad I did. The smooth consistency of the soup itself plus the chunks of ham made a nice contrast. I'd puree it again when I make it again.

Back