The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What ya eatin?

Found another recipe on epicurious. Basically it's chicken cooked one side in a little butter in a cast iron skillet. Then when flipped over the whole thing goes in the oven to roast for about 15 minutes. Then when it comes out the chicken is set aside and the same skillet is used to cook up some leaks and fennel, both chopped up. Once nicely cooked, I added orzo to the veggies and browned the orzo a bit. Then added little white wine, cooked it off and then added chicken broth gradually until it was all incorporated into the mixture. Once done, I added a small amount of butter and lemon juice and then sprinkled it with lemon zest and added the chicken back on top of the orzo/veggie mixture. No pics because the family scarfed it down pretty quickly. Another keeper for the future.

Ok. I finally took a picture of the end result of one of my meals. Nothing complicated here. The salmon is wild Alaskan Salmon filets cooked on the grill on cedar planks. No marinade. No nothing. Just the salmon. The couscous is Near East Roasted Garlic and Olive Oil Pearled couscous. And the veggie on the plate is roasted brussels sprouts. I cooked them in a cast iron skillet in some olive oil until the flat part of the halves was nice and brown. I then stuck it in the oven on 450 for a bit to roast. I made a "sauce" to toss them in that had honey, red wine vinegar, salt and butter. I left out some of the ingredients for various reasons. They came out real nice actually. This was nice because most of the time I marinate my fish or create some kind of brown glaze to go on it while it's cooking on the grill. It was nice to actually taste what salmon tastes like unadulterated for a change. And I'm thinking I need to find large quantities of pearled couscous and make it myself with my own spices. Both the wife and son much prefer pearled couscous over the regular kind. No reason I can't handle being my own spice "packet". But I'm jealous of Dave on his camping trip.

IMG_0006.jpeg

Back