The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What ya eatin?

Sorry, have some medical folks as members here. I meant the vertebrae of a horse. Not the actual spinal column. They were used interchangeably for humor sake.

My own feeling is that KFC uses the worst chicken they can find. Every time I've eaten KFC I end up with lots of skin that isn't crisp and a fair amount of cartilage and gristle. As a result, I won't eat it. And as Dave said, I also find them to be lacking in the meat department. If I'm going to have chicken I prefer to roast one ourselves or buy one already cooked at the Costco. And then there is my infatuation with Buffalo Wings. But they also have to be done right for me. Having spent 4 years in Buffalo as a poor undergrad I literally lived on wings and consider myself a connoisseur. And chicken thighs cooked in a cast iron skillet is just some really good eatin'.

Last edited:
Quote system hasn't been working on my phone lately. I should clarify for those that don't know. "We" is Donnie, Daryl, Dan and myself. In other words myself and the voices in my head. Not a lot of choices for lunches in a small town.

We is who we is and that's all that matters ...and @Dave in KY is going camping with the voices in his head. As long as THEY stay quite when he checks in, WE won't have to pay for two spaces. I go to KFC for the fried bits of fat and dough not the chicken but our KFC keeps giving me chicken pot pie or one of those bowls filled with mashed taters, corn and pop corn chicken and gravy.

Back