The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What ya eatin?

Fake News!

Hey. I'm from NY. We know cheesecake. It's over rated. Trust me. The ideal steak dinner:

Start with a nice aperitif of Lagavulin neat.
Next, a wedge with chopped tomatoes, bacon and blue cheese.
Followed by a Porterhouse with creamed spinach, garlic potatoes, sautéed mushrooms and haricot verts.
To accompany the steak is a glass or bottle of a nice big red like Cabernet Sauvignon, Barolo, Bordeaux, Brunello di Montalcino.
Dessert is a nice piece of Key Lime Pie and a double espresso.
Then to finish, a nice glass or two of vintage Porto.
After, retire to the room with a fireplace and light up a nice cigar, maybe an Ashton with maduro wrapper or a Davidoff.
And to accompany the cigar, some Drambuie or Sambuca Romana Black.
Not just ideal. Perfect.

See? No cheesecake. Fake news? Hardly. ;)

Last edited:
Key lime is for old people.🤪

No. Cheesecake is for old people. Have you ever seen someone under 70 eating cheesecake? Never. I know. I used to wait tables. Only the old people ordered cheesecake. Yuck. Key Lime Pie is the new young person's luxury dessert. If you want to go a little fancier, then there is nothing more amazing than Affogato. Vanilla ice cream with two shots of freshly brewed espresso poured over it. None of this foo foo stuff you see at those newfangled fancy restaurants owned by crazy people who have shows on TV. You're only as old as you think you are in your head. But if you're eating cheesecake, then your well north of 70. 😂

No. Cheesecake is for old people. Have you ever seen someone under 70 eating cheesecake? Never. I know. I used to wait tables. Only the old people ordered cheesecake. Yuck. Key Lime Pie is the new young person's luxury dessert. If you want to go a little fancier, then there is nothing more amazing than Affogato. Vanilla ice cream with two shots of freshly b1ewed espresso poured over it. None of this foo foo stuff you see at those newfangled fancy restaurants owned by crazy people who have shows on TV. You're only as old as you think you are in your head. But if you're eating cheesecake, then your well north of 70. 😂
Sorry all I heard was blah blah blah blah blah Affogato blah blah blah.😋

Back