The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What ya eatin?

Spaghetti squash is pretty awesome. But I'm not sure how healthy it is when I make it with a cream sauce lol. Its also great with just butter(or olive oil) and some appropriate to the meal spices for sure

For Mother's Day I did a bit of cooking for the wife. For breakfast I first made some bacon. Nothing special. Just Oscar Meyer bacon fried up in a cast iron pan over a medium low flame. I then made omelettes. I made separate ones for my wife, my son and myself. Each one was made with two eggs and a little bit of skim milk. I used olive oil and a little bit of butter to taste. First I added the garlic, sweet onion and red, green and orange peppers to cook them a little bit. I then added the egg/milk mixture. I then added some nice ripe tomato. Once all the egg is cooked I added some shredded mozzarella and folded it over. Wife and son were both happy even though he was ticked because he had wanted to make pancakes but I had beat him to it in the kitchen.

For dinner I decided to make seared scallops in an herbed brown butter sauce. I first heated up the olive oil and seared the dried, salted and peppered sea scallops on one side. Then I flipped them over and added some butter to the pan along with some sage, continuing to cook the scallops until both sides were nicely browned. I removed all the scallops to a plate and then deglazed the pan with some white wine, allowing the wine to reduce a bit before drizzling it over the scallops. I served it with some peasant bread and goat cheese along with some Jasmine rice. I add some chicken bullion, butter and olive oil to my rice to give it some flavor. Thumbs up all around.

And since I'm sharing, the night before I made sausage and peppers and onions. I bought some rolls for the sandwich, cooked the thin basil sweet italian sausage in a cast iron pan with olive oil. In a separate cast iron pan I sautéed green peppers and sweet onions in some olive oil with some basil and oregano. Served them on the rolls. I thought I made an accompaniment but can't quite remember what it was. I could also be mistaken.

For Mother's Day I did a bit of cooking for the wife. For breakfast I first made some bacon. Nothing special. Just Oscar Meyer bacon fried up in a cast iron pan over a medium low flame. I then made omelettes. I made separate ones for my wife, my son and myself. Each one was made with two eggs and a little bit of skim milk. I used olive oil and a little bit of butter to taste. First I added the garlic, sweet onion and red, green and orange peppers to cook them a little bit. I then added the egg/milk mixture. I then added some nice ripe tomato. Once all the egg is cooked I added some shredded mozzarella and folded it over. Wife and son were both happy even though he was ticked because he had wanted to make pancakes but I had beat him to it in the kitchen.

For dinner I decided to make seared scallops in an herbed brown butter sauce. I first heated up the olive oil and seared the dried, salted and peppered sea scallops on one side. Then I flipped them over and added some butter to the pan along with some sage, continuing to cook the scallops until both sides were nicely browned. I removed all the scallops to a plate and then deglazed the pan with some white wine, allowing the wine to reduce a bit before drizzling it over the scallops. I served it with some peasant bread and goat cheese along with some Jasmine rice. I add some chicken bullion, butter and olive oil to my rice to give it some flavor. Thumbs up all around.

And since I'm sharing, the night before I made sausage and peppers and onions. I bought some rolls for the sandwich, cooked the thin basil sweet italian sausage in a cast iron pan with olive oil. In a separate cast iron pan I sautéed green peppers and sweet onions in some olive oil with some basil and oregano. Served them on the rolls. I thought I made an accompaniment but can't quite remember what it was. I could also be mistaken.
My wife LOVES scallops !! I just wish I could cook them well without over cooking them........

My wife LOVES scallops !! I just wish I could cook them well without over cooking them........

You can do it. Since you are aware of over cooking them, that's half the battle. Give it another go. I found that I had to cook them a little longer than the recipe said in order to brown both sides and lucky for me they were nice and tender. I have found that butter is a scallops best friend.

Ok there is no photo, but I just came across something delicious, you guys may have already discovered. A few nights ago we had greek food from a mom and pop joint up the street. They serve HUGE servings and we usually split something but that night we had Spanikopita and A gyro platter, of course that could feed an army, we had left over ( well of the gyro meat anyway) so this moring I went out to the coup, got a couple of eggs and cooked them over medium and took the Left over Gyro meat and heated it up
OMG!!!! this takes steak and eggs to a whole new level, partnered with some pita bread point and Instant Vacuum to the belly, Try it! It is amazing

@Spider dude...that would only make part of a meal for me. But it does look delicious!
Y'know, when I put those 4 on my plate, I was thing that was no way enough, and I was going to end up eating that whole tray. After 4, I was stuffed. That tray is a whole pound, it's thick cut, so that helps. And the 2 oz of cream cheese was pretty filling as well.

Dinner last night, and also lunch today.

View attachment 3771
View attachment 3772

I'm going to have to make some more cheese stuffed bacon wrapped dates. I made them for Thanksgiving (or was it Xmas) and there wasn't a single one left. And that includes the entire tray of them that I burnt. People insisted on eating them anyway. I got the recipe after having them at a favorite restaurant. The dates are stuffed with cabrales cheese, wrapped in some bacon and then drizzled with honey after being cooked. Absolutely spectacular.

Mmmm corn nuts...

Well tonight I finally made that cream of bacon soup, had a grilled cheese and soup. The condensed soup tasted a bit like a light bacon gravy (yeah buddy!) but once mixed with milk and heated it was pretty bland. I have no doubt this stuff will be good for cooking but as a stand-alone soup it broke my heart.

Mmmm corn nuts...

Well tonight I finally made that cream of bacon soup, had a grilled cheese and soup. The condensed soup tasted a bit like a light bacon gravy (yeah buddy!) but once mixed with milk and heated it was pretty bland. I have no doubt this stuff will be good for cooking but as a stand-alone soup it broke my heart.
Bacon anything sound great !!!

Nice!

You know what’s a good pizza to order? Pepperoni and pineapple on white sauce. It may change your life.

Back