The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What ya eatin?

A few days early. The traditional St Patrick’s day meal I try to make this time of year.

CDF6246E-2B7F-4445-9CFF-19C67CC059A0.jpeg

I almost skipped out this year walking right by meat cases marked at $4.50-$5.50 per pound. While shopping at a regional chain the other day I saw they had point cuts on sale for $1.47 and flats for $2.47. That was enough to get my attention. Delicious.

With leftovers I’ll also make a “Cloak & Dagger” sandwich later in the week. The sandwich was invented by Attman’s Deli, an anchor of an area in Baltimore once known as Corned Beef Row. Their original sandwich was corned beef and swiss topped with cole slaw and thousand island dressing on soft seeded rye. Best when grilled.

What cut are they?
bottom round Sirloin butterflied, started as a
Sandwhich steak up in the Wisconsin area, They ( Dickmman's ) owned a meat processing and meat packing plant, and now have Butchershop/Deli's in Tucson

Back