The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What ya eatin?

What is this excess grease you speak of? If you are going to be doing keto, that’s something you want to be eating. Don’t let the grease get lost in a paper towel to be thrown away. Let it soak back into the bacon! Or at least save the drippings for use in cooking.

I filled 2/3 of a mayonnaise jar with the vast majority of it. the rest i let run off because i cant stand the slimy grease on the bacon

I've contemplated it. Pretty sure I could endure it but I'm not willing to go thru the torture to prove it. You're not THAT expert an enabler. I'm sure it's tastier in the salsa.

One of our local pizza places around here...you know, the kind that you order and they make a personal one for you in there wood fire oven right there...started making cauliflower crust pizzas for us that are doing low carb. This was the closest thing that I have had to date to a traditional thin crust pizza! VERY close and VERY good!

Looks good Don. Just might be good to ask what they use in their crust. I’ve read a lot of similar posts in a keto forum, where folks find out they put some non-keto stuff in it.

Ive tried cauliflower crust at home and wasn’t a fan. I do like fathead crust better. It’s cheese and almond flour.

This is from their FB page and I talked to one of the guys and they think the carb count is total carbs and not net carbs. I've had some cauliflower crusts that do not taste good at all. This one was delicious and like I said...might be the closest thing I have tried.

"Our very own original HOUSEMADE recipe using only 4 simple, clean ingredients. ? freshly grated Cauliflower, cage free eggs, Parmesan & Mozzarella cheese. .

Gluten Free and ONLY 6 grams of carbs per crust - great for peeps on the KETO Diet! ."

Well then, looks like a winner!

It's not something I'll eat all the time...but it's nice to see options! And I too really like the Fathead dough. My brother makes the Fathead dough in large batches an rolls it really thin. He's uses it for everything from wraps to chips to "naan" and other uses!

dangerousdon said:
My brother makes the Fathead dough in large batches an rolls it really thin. He's uses it for everything from wraps to chips to "naan" and other uses!
Good tip! I just make a few crusts at a time and put the rest in the freezer. Makes an easy pizza night.

Was running late this morning so had to grab breakfast in our cafeteria

That cottage cheese looks weird. Looks more like yoghurt.

Pretty darn good prices though! I’d probably be looking at easily $6 or more for that breakfast in CA.

Pretty darn good prices though! I’d probably be looking at easily $6 or more for that breakfast in CA.

My company in the cafeteria instituted a program they call 'livewell' so if an item or entre is considered livewell by whatever standards they set. it will be prorated to encourage healthy eating. Otherwise the prices would be higher. and non-livewell items are pretty darn high!

My company in the cafeteria instituted a program they call 'livewell' so if an item or entre is considered livewell by whatever standards they set. it will be prorated to encourage healthy eating. Otherwise the prices would be higher. and non-livewell items are pretty darn high!
That's a pretty cool deal. I was thinking the same thing and Mr Noir up there.

Back