The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What is New to You...... SPEAKEASY EDITION

Oh boy let consult my pros and cons

Pros:
Makes fun of Daves
Wetshaves
Like bourbon
Makes unnecessary purchases

Cons:
Roots for Penn state and army
Talks down of certain scotch which are clearly good drinks but still inferior to bourbon
Thinks Philly isn't Jersey

This is a close one man!
You forgot spooning

Really excited about Makers Mark BRT special release this year and I scored both.

20221221_114933.jpg

BRT stands for barrel rotation. The #1 the barrels were stored at top of Rick house. #2 at the bottom. It's to show you the different flavor profiles you get from different sections of rickhouse.

@CVargo, I was at the liquor store 45 minutes away from home again this morning and I fully intended to get the Rebel Cask Strength, but this happened...
View attachment 101065
First question... Why not both?

Second nice grab. Some versions are better than others. The 2022-04 hasn't been released in Utah yet.

Third don't judge it off your first pour. All Bookers have required a revisit from me after initially opening. I do really enjoy them though.

I was also looking the Basil Hayden Red Wine Cask Finished bottle. Have you tried that one yet?

Back