The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What is New to You...... SPEAKEASY EDITION

Guess who won the work Christmas party whiskey basket? 😉👍

View attachment 100728
giphy.webp

@BarberDave how do we kick someone out from posting in this thread and take away their whiskey card?
Sorry Mr. But I have to Side with Lord Sprecher on this one, IT sounds devine Scotch with Gin Like Botanicals?? YES PLEASE. OH and it;s Whisky BTW you heathen Request denied

Are you Kidding ME???

The nose is immediately unique and engaging. It’s a bit smoky, which isn’t something I’ve ever really detected in a Glenmorangie. Not a heavy, peat-fueled smoke, but a thin, sweet campfire smoke that does indeed evoke the forest. That sensation is enhanced by notes of fresh mint, sweet pine sap, and dried berries that eventually give way to more classic Glenmorangie aromas of tinned pear and honeyed malt. The palate is elegant with a subtle oiliness and soft warmth. The smoke carries through here, as well, with bit of toasted fir branch that complements sweeter, brighter notes of juniper and clove. The herbal and resinous elements threaten to turn sharp on the midpalate but instead soften to candied ginger, peppermint, and Christmas cake on a long, silky finish dusted with five spice and pipe smoke. It’s a well-built, if very unusual, whisky, ideal for exploring in the winter season. Although it might appeal more to smokeheads than Highland purists.

I may need this once reviewed

Back