The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What is New to You...... SPEAKEASY EDITION

Have to share this video for a tasting I signed up for through a Southern California group.

Indian whisky is not something I've really gotten into - when I spent a few months in Mumbai for work back in 2015 I drank a lot of the local stuff and realized it's mostly grain spirit with a splash of aged liquid and coloring. But man is it cheap!

Really interested to hear how this peated one is since it's looks much more "legit" than the ones I was drinking while there.

Indian whisky is not something I've really gotten into - when I spent a few months in Mumbai for work back in 2015 I drank a lot of the local stuff and realized it's mostly grain spirit with a splash of aged liquid and coloring. But man is it cheap!

Really interested to hear how this peated one is since it's looks much more "legit" than the ones I was drinking while there.
Well, I’ll tell ya. I’m going to be struggling to get through this bottle. I joined a “single malt” club and this was my first pick-up. Apparently they like to explore the world in their selections. I’m ok with that since it expands my knowledge, but at $110 this was an expensive lesson. The nose was pretty mild with a touch of honey, dry grasses and smoke. The taste was all heat. There was a little honey and biscuit maybe, but mostly just hot black pepper. I tried to water it down and it didn’t seem to bring out much, but I think it had already blown out my palette. It put it away in my overflow area to have a timeout.

Well, I’ll tell ya. I’m going to be struggling to get through this bottle. I joined a “single malt” club and this was my first pick-up. Apparently they like to explore the world in their selections. I’m ok with that since it expands my knowledge, but at $110 this was an expensive lesson. The nose was pretty mild with a touch of honey, dry grasses and smoke. The taste was all heat. There was a little honey and biscuit maybe, but mostly just hot black pepper. I tried to water it down and it didn’t seem to bring out much, but I think it had already blown out my palette. It put it away in my overflow area to have a timeout.
111* isn't a mild whisky but it's no hazmat either. That much heat on something under 120* makes me think it's younger than what we'd expect for $110. Sorry that it's an expensive dud so far. Maybe some time and air in the time out corner will do it some good.

I have a thing for Bruichladdich!
f238e6349b624f51fb3685675b9c8e35.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Back