The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What is New to You...... SPEAKEASY EDITION

@NurseDave where did ya find the Kilkerran? I’ve heard nothing but good thing about it.
There’s a chain of three stores called Cask. One of them had a supply. I agree. I like it A LOT, but had to add some water because it’s HOT. If it wasn’t such a pain to get to the store, I’d like to go back for a back-up bottle.

My brother always gets me a bottle of whiskey (or something of the nature) and the wife a bottle of wine. Super happy he got us pretty much the same thing last year...these were both excellent!

For me... a bottle of Willett Small Batch Rye!

1608995882438.png

For the Wife...a bottle of 2017 Machete California Red (Orin Swift Cellars). The labels of these wines always crack me up because they look like scenes from a Tarantino movie.

1608996031559.png1608996046765.png

Took a drive into a corner market in the city I saw on a YouTube video. Pretty large whisky selection. Unfortunately only the owner can sell the stuff on the upper shelves and we won’t be back until tomorrow. But I found by the price on one harder to find one on a lower shelf, he’s pretty proud of his selection. This is the larger area.
9232F717-AE5B-4C20-8AEA-C13555453E92.jpeg
6A5E5838-8946-4485-A51C-80D667BE1B22.jpeg

Took a drive into a corner market in the city I saw on a YouTube video. Pretty large whisky selection. Unfortunately only the owner can sell the stuff on the upper shelves and we won’t be back until tomorrow. But I found by the price on one harder to find one on a lower shelf, he’s pretty proud of his selection. This is the larger area.
View attachment 43687
View attachment 43688
Its like the Merz, or Pasteur's of the Whiskey Rabbit Canyon.... Dangerous place, LOL

Unfortunately only the owner can sell the stuff on the upper shelves and we won’t be back until tomorrow.
So...what I read here was that a business did not want to take your money.

Seriously? They can't sell top shelf liquor unless the owner is there? There is some really good stuff on that shelf, don't get me wrong. But most of it isn't all that hard to find. Just seems a little silly to me.

There was another wall behind me with some older stuff. And later I was told there is also more in “the back room” that the owner has a key to.

There was another wall behind me with some older stuff. And later I was told there is also more in “the back room” that the owner has a key to.
That makes a little more sense I guess. But still...

I guess each person can run their own business how they see fit, but this owner likely lost out on a purchase you might have made. Now, how many other potential purchases did the owner miss out on because he wasn't in the store. Sorry...just not sure I understand how some businesses operate. Hire people you can trust...have a system in which you check sales and inventory...make money like a baller! 🤪

Back