The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What Fragrance Did You Use Today?

Frederic Malle - Cologne Bigarade
This is just a supremely lovely cologne. Opening with a bright, photo-realistic orange (bigarade), that feels so natural you may as well have just gotten a bag of them. But the dry down is the surprise here for me, for one, there is one and it actually lasts on my skin. Secondly, it's doesn't go to a feminine musk, though it is a musk, it feels very masculine to me and makes this a perfect hot weather scent. OK at FM prices, a cologne might not be a great value proposition, but thankfully I got it at a great price on our local BST, and glad I did. My current favorite cologne, and it's getting me back to this great genre of perfumery.

Frederic Malle Cologne Bigarade.jpg

Love it! My favorite lavender. Period. Very dry and crisp frag. No sweetness here. Lavender is (of course) most prevalent, but the mint and rosemary give it a nice aromatic quality. There's also a hint of soapiness in there as well.
Thanks Mark, sounds like another winner from C&S. I'm taking a buying break but that's on the future list for sure.

Having bought all the niche frags he ever desired, I don’t know if that counts as taking a “break”.
View attachment 133093
giphy.gif

Pierre Guillaume - Rivages Noirs
Classic, semi sporty, spicy thing, just feels like a comfort scent for me. After a very hectic week of dealing with this kitchen renno and prepping to go to CA next week, needed just this kind of thing.

I actually tested Rogue Targhee Forest hoping it would do the job, but again, found it just doesn't work for me, even though on paper it should be an instant favorite.

Pierre Guillaume Rivages Noirs.jpg

Back