The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What Fragrance Did You Use Today?

This one has really grown on me from ok to I just simply love this stuff. A slightly modernized twist to the OG but, it still has facets and still mingles an Old World flair to the juice itself. The Lavender is sharp in the opening yet it smooths itself within minutes and mingles superbly with the delicate florals and the burst of citruses that is Colonia's claim to fame. There's an aromatic freshness to it that gradually subsides to a very easy & smooth woody ambiance that the Vetiver brings forth that just ties the whole thing together.

Not a blind buy and one should sample as it can be very sharp & abrasive very early but, just give it those 15-20 minutes to settle, that's when magic time begins.

IMG_20240701_204205086_HDR.jpg

Statik - Into the Wild
While I'm in the States I'm taking the opportunity to pick up a few frags from US Indy makers. Well all them them formulated by Darren Alan who seems to be the one of the best out there in the indy realm. He has his own brand, but did this for Statik. Advertised as a walk in a cold forest, it's a great old school green scent, in fact it's more like I was hoping Targee Forest would be. Green, a touch of pine and an old school animalic background that works. Really pleased with it on first wear today. Folks lamenting the demise of frags like Polo Green might want to check it out.

1720579313713.jpeg

Back