The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What Fragrance Did You Use Today?

Astier de Villatte - Mantes-la-Jolie
Fresh mint and other assorted greenery. Really smells like sitting out in your garden on a warm summer's day. There are lots of great scents that say they smell like fresh cut grass, but do they? This one really does.

I think is the top 'realistic' green I've tried, it's just so fresh a cheerful. I only heard about this by some dumb luck last year, and when I stumbled on a place that had samples, I had to try it. Glad I did.

IMG_1895.jpg

Huge cheapie & a big fragrance sleeper. Not the most natural smelling fragrance but, the scent vibes in the air are really fantastic. Citrus and flower like accords with a touch of semi dirtiness to it up top followed by Cinnamon & peppery notes that give a nice spiciness to it while still maintaining a fresh and clean aspect to it. The drydown slowly turns it a bit warmer on the skin while showing elements of the spice & clean like accord. The Sandalwood is not creamy or buttery smooth but, it does a better job than expected for the price point. Together that slightly musky & Cedarwood cool down is very pleasing. All that for under $20 US. If that isn't bargain basement for what one gets, I don't know what is. Pascal Morabito has some truly hidden gems in their very affordable line up.

IMG_20240531_184034124_HDR.jpg

Huge cheapie & a big fragrance sleeper. Not the most natural smelling fragrance but, the scent vibes in the air are really fantastic. Citrus and flower like accords with a touch of semi dirtiness to it up top followed by Cinnamon & peppery notes that give a nice spiciness to it while still maintaining a fresh and clean aspect to it. The drydown slowly turns it a bit warmer on the skin while showing elements of the spice & clean like accord. The Sandalwood is not creamy or buttery smooth but, it does a better job than expected for the price point. Together that slightly musky & Cedarwood cool down is very pleasing. All that for under $20 US. If that isn't bargain basement for what one gets, I don't know what is. Pascal Morabito has some truly hidden gems in their very affordable line up.

View attachment 131986
OR Black is another great one... Rive Gauche meets auto-shop

OR Black is another great one... Rive Gauche meets auto-shop
giphy.gif

Amouage - Beach Hut Man
Last summer was all about lemon, this year seems to be about mint and greens. Since my wife has a 20% off discount at the local department store, I thought I'd give this a spray when we needed to pop in there today anyway.
So far, top drawer green mint. Not a fan of the price point, but there are many out there like this. Mantes-la-Jolie is in a similar vein, more fresh but not the same potency. I could see doing this one someday while it's still available, being such an outlier for the house, they already disco'd the other two from this series, Bracken and Sunshine.

Back