The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What Fragrance Did You Use Today?

Pierre Guillaume - Yuzu ab Irato
Simply a fabulous old school citrus cologne with incredible longevity. Really reminds me of Alvarez Gomez, with a dark matte note to modernize it while still keeping a very mature vibe. One of the best classic cologne in my collection.

Pierre Guillaume Yuzu ab Irato.jpg

Profumum Roma Acqua di Sale
Top grade marine scent, myrtle and seaweed, and cedar are the listed notes. The key to this for me is the myrtle, which is really very natural. Laid underneath are some fairly briny sea accords, some find it to be fishy, but thankfully I don't read that at all. And the cedar accord puts some very classic masculine notes into the equation, the three components together and you have magic. I like Aqua di Parma myrtle scent, but I always found the dry down went a tad too feminine for what I want in this kind of fragrance, Acqua di Sale, goes even more masculine in the dry down, making it a must have. Arguably the king of the masculine marine scents, due to it's quality ingredients I wouldn't argue that.

Back