The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What Fragrance Did You Use Today?

Profumum Roma - Acqua Viva

Finally broke this out today. I had some issues last year with getting a minor skin reaction, but so far so good. And speaking of good, this is the gold standard for the citrus masculine in my book. I don't know how they manage to make it feel like the lemon in there the whole wear, but I swear 8 hours later I'm still getting that oily citrus rind feeling I love. I think the real magic here though is the use of broom that gives this a fougere like twist it's both bright and grounded. Fantastico!

Profumum Roma Acqua Viva.jpg

Parfum d'Empire - Tabac Tabou
An amazing, if niche tobacco. It actually took me a number wearing to realize it is a tobacco, as narcissus is the leading note for me. It's giving a petroleum product, gasoline type vibe, but under it lurks a fantastic tobacco note. Think OR Black done with a budget.

Acqua Viva again today. Perfect summer scent from Profumum Roma.
I was a bit on the fence about the house last year, but this summer, they are really moving up in the rankings with a few great offerings. In fact I just ordered Acqua di Sale today.DSC01930.jpg

Last edited:
Profumum Roma - Acqua di Sale
Seaside near the myrtle trees. This took a bit to grow on me, but now that I 'get it' it's just fantastic. It's really about the fresh myrtle note gently wafting in the sea breeze. Like most Profumum scents, it's simple, not a ton of evolution, but it's so well done that it shouldn't be more.
Have a full bottle incoming.

Back