The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What Fragrance Did You Use Today?

Pantheon Roma - Raffaello
Resampling this one that I find my self coming back to often. Dense dark green wormwood made semi sweet with Tonka, feels like a very modern take on a herbal fougere. A small spray is enough as this is potent with a capital P.

LGxR8JH.jpg

1) Astier de Villatte - Mantes-la-Jolie
I guess AdV is French shop specializing in tableware. At some point they started making fragrances, and they are really good. This is by far the most natural mint / grass / shrub scent I've ever encountered. I stumbled on it by fluke a while back , but never thought I'd get a chance to try it. As it turns out the retailer I ordered from recently had it, and I got a sample. Totally blown away by this one tbh.

2) Maria Candida Gentile - Kitrea
Maria makes some of the best marine scents out there IMHO between this and Finisterre.
The official notes are
Top notes: Honey, Winter Lemon, Bergamot
Heart notes: Geranium
Base notes: Grey Amber
but I get a vary natural anise like feeling from it laced with her signature 'ambergris' which just reads as an incredibly masculine marine accord. This was the house that woke me up to marine scents which are now a warm weather favorite.
Seriously gets my highest recommendation.

Maria Candida Gentile Kitrea.jpg

Back