The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What Fragrance Did You Use Today?

Oriza L Legrand - Vetiver Royal Bourbon
Oriza L Legrand is an old Parisian perfumery, and their fragrances tend to feel like they are from another time. This is no Tere d'Hermes, rather a journey back in time to Reunion Island (where Bourbon Vetiver comes from). Misplaced in today's era of generic smell alikes, this throwback will make any who wear it feel like a dandy prince. The smell of just coming out of an 18 century royal barber. Wonderful stuff, even if you don't have a waistcoat and powdered wig.

Oriza L Legrand Vetiver Bourbon 2.jpg

Oriza L Legrand is an old Parisian perfumery, and their fragrances tend to feel like they are from another time. This is no Tere d'Hermes, rather a journey back in time to Reunion Island (where Bourbon Vetiver comes from). Misplaced in today's era of generic smell alikes, this throwback will make any who wear it feel like a dandy prince. The smell of just coming out of an 18 century royal barber. Wonderful stuff, even if you don't have a waistcoat and powdered wig.

View attachment 119905
Cole is out amongst the commoners today!
giphy.gif

View attachment 119905
Need to get my nose on this.

By the way, I'm not an 18th century Aristocrat nor educated in proper etiquette of that time but, I do have a front loading musket, black powder and a Davey Crocket leather outfit & beaver pelt hat that I wore for a Halloween Party a few years back. Will that do??
😜

Need to get my nose on this.

By the way, I'm not an 18th century Aristocrat nor educated in proper etiquette of that time but, I do have a front loading musket, black powder and a Davey Crocket leather outfit & beaver pelt hat that I wore for a Halloween Party a few years back. Will that do??
😜
Qualified! You can be a dandy Daniel Boone!

Pierre Guillaume - Iris Oriental
This has been my most worn fragrance this fall. Iris can take on many facets, lipstick, a sort of second skin effect, powdery. Here we get a very light powderyness, but I don't read it as powder as much as a sort of tasteful richness. The cardamom in the opening, gives a few brief but glorious minutes of a brightness, that reads like the essence of French perfumery.
It doesn't take long for that to settle down, and then scent moves in closer to the skin, but is very perceptible throughout the wear. Here it's a subtly powdery, lightly spicy scent that always has that rich undertone that reads the same as the actual color of the fragrance.
Overall, it's a perfect tasteful but not boastful fragrance that suits any occasion where that needs a more subtle touch.

Pierre Guillaume Iris Oriental.jpg

Back