The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What Fragrance Did You Use Today?

This arrived a few days ago and it is a delightful fragrance. Not a big masculine manly fragrance but a classy fougere. Very good quality here. Great stuff.

Complete olfactory pyramid
Top notes | Bergamot, lemon, lavender, galbanum
Heart notes | Cinnamon, amber, cistus, patchouli
Base notes | Oak moss, vanilla, castoreum, opoponax
Le-Galion-SPECIAL-FOR-GENTLEMEN-2021.jpg

Lorenzo Villoresi - Patchouli
This is a real classic, masculine patchouli. Lorenzo brought a touch of lavender in, that I think is the key to the marvelously rich, yet subtle barbershop vibe this radiates, but it's radiating from a cedar lined cigar box. In perfumery patchouli is considered a woody note, and this really shows that, almost feeling like a modern oud, but Lorenzo always keeps it classically Italian.
No idea why it took this one so long to register with me, but now that it has, it's another love.

DSC01824.jpg

Pierre Guillaume - l'Ombre Fauve

More heavy sampling going on, this round searching for some richer fall/winter scents for the coming season. Guillaume's catalog is just ridiculous, I haven't counted but he must have over 100 fragrances, I've probably got about 45 samples! Some are instant passes, but that's normal for any house, but way too many are really nice, and importantly for me, unique yet wearable.

This is a musky spicy amber, people compare it to Fredrick Malle Musc Ravageur, but more wearable. It was an instant hit for me, very benzoic amber, giving off a lot of that aromatic vibe, and going spicy and with a feline touch, lightly animalic but not offensive. This one also has great longevity, and just right projection, which is never a given with the house. What it really reminds me a lot of is Special for Gentleman but without the lavenders.

This is on the Christmas list after another enjoyable wear.

Pierre Guillaume - l'Ombre Fauve

More heavy sampling going on, this round searching for some richer fall/winter scents for the coming season. Guillaume's catalog is just ridiculous, I haven't counted but he must have over 100 fragrances, I've probably got about 45 samples! Some are instant passes, but that's normal for any house, but way too many are really nice, and importantly for me, unique yet wearable.

This is a musky spicy amber, people compare it to Fredrick Malle Musc Ravageur, but more wearable. It was an instant hit for me, very benzoic amber, giving off a lot of that aromatic vibe, and going spicy and with a feline touch, lightly animalic but not offensive. This one also has great longevity, and just right projection, which is never a given with the house. What it really reminds me a lot of is Special for Gentleman but without the lavenders.

This is on the Christmas list after another enjoyable wear.
I need to check this one out. :unsure:

Back