The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What Fragrance Did You Use Today?

Lorenzo Villoresi - Theseus

Top ten scent for me, the Villoresi website's description does a good job of indicating the vibe
"A fresh, radiant, suggestive fragrance reminiscent of ancient adventures across unknown seas and countries, in search of mythical lands. Rich in rare and precious scents, where citrus, spices, flowers and mysterious resins accompany captivating notes of Leather and Vetiver."

The leather, musk, vetiver combo in the dry down really takes me back to the very first fragrance I sought out and bought as a teenager. It was something Musk. Musks were the big deal at the time, touted to have pheromones which would attract the opposite sex. (Or I guess the same if that's what you're into) I can't speak for that, but I just remember it being my first experience where I'd just be sitting and reading and notice. 'Oh, I like that smell on me.' Frankly I'm not sure I'd expect anyone else to like it, it's no Sauvage, but I like it, a lot.

IMG_0919.jpeg

Oriza L. Legrand - Violets du'Czar

I picked up another sample set from the house, looking for some of their warmer weather scents. So far this, unexpectedly, has been my favorite. (and that's why I sample) I expected to love a couple of the others, but was more in the 'meh' zone.
I guess this was originally formulated for Russian aristocracy. It's also one of the rare times, where I've had an aftershave that I wish I could find a perfume version of.
This is totally Myrsol Formula C, wonderful bright green violets. Of course there's more depth, in this case provided by Russian leather, but, you only get that if you smell up close, otherwise, it's a long lasting fresh green violet scent.
This is almost like 18th century Cool Water, it's like the original freshie. What's great is though it totally has that vibe, it doesn't smell at all like everything else out there, and it's so old that it's genuinely new again.
I'm doing a major sampling, looking for this year's greatest summer contenders, this is in the running.

A really nice fragrance this JV XX. Warm and spicy yet there is a floral component with a slight green accord that gives this a very modern yet masculine vibe. The OG is their best and I enjoy Artisan, Artisan Pure and Vintage JV more but, this one is very, very good and slips under the radar of hidden gems. For under $40 it's well worth it.

1882.jpg

This one is definitely an odd one. 🤔
Using this for me has actually brought meaning to the old term "A love-hate relationship" there is something about the scent that I find offensive yet irresistible.
I have had the full set (soap, splash, lotion, and edt) coming up on a year.
As far as ladies are concerned, I have found that women over 50 find the scent appalling while women under 40 find it appealing.
Screenshot_20230427_072756_Chrome.jpg

This one is definitely an odd one. 🤔
Using this for me has actually brought meaning to the old term "A love-hate relationship" there is something about the scent that I find offensive yet irresistible.
I have had the full set (soap, splash, lotion, and edt) coming up on a year.
As far as ladies are concerned, I have found that women over 50 find the scent appalling while women under 40 find it appealing.
View attachment 109991
giphy-downsized.gif

Back