The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What Fragrance Did You Use Today?

That's a much better breakdown and comparison than what I gave. They're on point. Might have to look these guys up on YT. (y)
Don't sell yourself short! You've got a talent for reviews.

JJ is totally worth checking out, some really great reviews, and he has the collection to back it up, plus experience with perfumery.

BTW do you have the Myrtle Acqua di Parma? That and the this one are the two that stand out the most to me.

Don't sell yourself short! You've got a talent for reviews.

JJ is totally worth checking out, some really great reviews, and he has the collection to back it up, plus experience with perfumery.

BTW do you have the Myrtle Acqua di Parma? That and the this one are the two that stand out the most to me.

You're too kind. I missed mentioning the Cypress accord as that is the heart & soul of the fragrance in itself. They were spot on.

Yes, Mirto di Panarea is in my collection and it shares slightly some similarities with this but, it goes its own way with more citrus and airy with the marine accord. Woods are softer and not as prominent compared to Cipresso. Plus Mirto towards the deep dry down produces a slight warmth from the amber. Cipresso has nothing but luscious greens, woods and lovely aromatics from the basil & rosemary. They have their own uniqueness and it would be far from redundant in owning both of these masterpieces.

Mancera - Oud Lemon Mint

Fans of Chanel's Allure line should check this out. Very similar vibe to the Blanche but lasts much longer. Mancera's dry down is shining again! Very nice!
For a reasonably citrus forward frag it lasts darn near forever as well. That was one of two mancera blind buys that ended with zero regrets.

For a reasonably citrus forward frag it lasts darn near forever as well. That was one of two mancera blind buys that ended with zero regrets.
Yeah, I have to say I'm really impressed with the house. You guys no my taste, I wouldn't have expected to enjoy these as much as I do, but the dry downs really are good. I wouldn't mind having this one either. So far between this and Saharian Wind for me.

Yeah, I have to say I'm really impressed with the house. You guys no my taste, I wouldn't have expected to enjoy these as much as I do, but the dry downs really are good. I wouldn't mind having this one either. So far between this and Saharian Wind for me.
Useless fact, though mint is in the name, and I’ve always gotten a very slight mint vibe from it in the opening, there is no mint listed in the note breakdown.

Useless fact, though mint is in the name, and I’ve always gotten a very slight mint vibe from it in the opening, there is no mint listed in the note breakdown.
I get whiffs of it in the deep dry down, kind of took me by surprise, and then I remembered the name.

Woody, Floral & Musk fragrance. But, there is a Fig note in here that is almost creamy like. It's not a dominant note yet it's presence is noticeable very early and through the mids on drydown. A remarkably sophisticated yet clean and classy presentation of the genre. One of my favorites in this class of florals and musks for men. A shame it was discontinued.

d6_2954_68fe9fde1ab73c9681bad0fec9aa0467_270.jpg

Back