The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What Fragrance Did You Use Today?

OddActualBackswimmer-size_restricted.gif

yesterday PM: Comme des Garcons - Blue Cedrat
Today: Lorenzo Villoresi - Theseus

After yesterday's weirdness, I felt I had to prove to myself that I do indeed like vetiver. So did a late night spray of Blue Cedrat. Now that's a citric vetiver powerhouse that got me in a great mood. Really hair chested feel to this one, though done with CdG's modern sensibilities, it has a decidedly retro nod. I need to break this out more often!

Then this morning with Theseus, about which I can only say masterpiece. Next time I can afford to pick up a fragrance, this is high on the list.

IMG_0856.jpeg

L'Eau Blue by Issey Miyake. Woods, Aromatic and Citrus. Some spiciness as well to give it some depth. All about Rosemary & Cypress that mingles with the Juniper Berries to give it a slight astringent quality from the opening. Give it 5-10 minutes and that's when magic time begins with this creation. There is nothing else quite like it in the designer realm and quite possibly in the indie/niche domain to boot. Cedar, musk, patchouli and sandalwood in the mids and drydown along with the lingering aforementioned notes create a unique blue like accord that is all its own. Magnificent piece of perfumery creation here. Not for everyone but, Lordy is this stuff good.

Issey-Miyake-LEau-Bleue-dIssey-Eau-de-Toilette-Spray-17221.jpg

L'Eau Blue by Issey Miyake. Woods, Aromatic and Citrus. Some spiciness as well to give it some depth. All about Rosemary & Cypress that mingles with the Juniper Berries to give it a slight astringent quality from the opening. Give it 5-10 minutes and that's when magic time begins with this creation. There is nothing else quite like it in the designer realm and quite possibly in the indie/niche domain to boot. Cedar, musk, patchouli and sandalwood in the mids and drydown along with the lingering aforementioned notes create a unique blue like accord that is all its own. Magnificent piece of perfumery creation here. Not for everyone but, Lordy is this stuff good.

View attachment 105194
When I first got into frags, before I "knew" anything about them, it was always the Issey Miyake's that smelled best to me in the duty free shops. (That's where I first started actively looking at frags.)
I need to check this out sometime.

Back