The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What Fragrance Did You Use Today?

I thought you had the Intense version, I got a sample of the regular version with my last order, curious how they compare, opinions are split.
No, I don't have the "Intense" version of "New York". It would be interesting to know how they compare. May order a sample to see.

Commodity Vetiver. Wonderfully sweet on application, it complements the Guerlain Vétiver aftershave very nicely. Top notes are Blackberry, Apple and Petalia; middle notes are Jasmine and Jasmine Sambac; base notes are Haitian Vetiver, Indonesian Patchouli Leaf, Australian Sandalwood and Cedar.
OLnxXzw.jpg

Nicolai - New Yor
Tested my sample of ‘regular’ strength New York today. Very similar scent profile to the Intense version, but Intense is more intense.
Stronger longer lasting base, more going on in the middle, and takes a fair amount of time to get to the base.
Here in under two hours, I’m getting the mossy base.

@MarkB , knowing you love Patchouli Intense, I think it’s worth getting a sample of New York Intense. It’s closer to PI in intensity, and IMO a bit more going on. But can’t say it’s worth a bottle when you have NY, they are really similar, quality is just as good in both etc.

Back