The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What Fragrance Did You Use Today?

Art of Shaving Sandalwood & Cypress. I like it, but it's not my favorite sandalwood, probably because I don't care as much for the dry cypress.
FGjFssM.jpg

Was lucky enough to spot this on a US online retailer and had to snatch it up. What's my take on it? A superbly blended and masculine aroma. You have to like vetiver & patchouli. But, the cardamon, grapefruit, cinnamon and the sandalwood with musk balances this creation to near perfection,. A woody, spicey and lightly sweet concoction that exudes sophistication at first whiff.

The hype is real.....

downloadfile-31.jpg

Le Galion - 222
Sandalwood, with violet, myth, styrax, but it's very well blended to my nose. I get sandalwood, where the supporting notes bring life without ever taking from the sandalwood essence. The more I use the sample the more I like it. But only for true sandalwood lovers.

Follow up report
Pascal Morabito Or Black,
I can only say it's everything that was promised and more. It's not marketed as a Rive Gauche pour Homme dupe, but the very long lasting dry down is so close it may as well be. The opening bit of birch tar leather remains, subtly, in the background and only enriches the scent.
At the price, and what turned out to be astonishing performance, lovers of barbershop creamy frags, I encourage you to seek this out. At 1/5 the price of what RGpH goes for now, it's a steal and harkens back to the day when you didn't need to spend a weeks wages to get a quality fragrance.

Last edited:
Was lucky enough to spot this on a US online retailer and had to snatch it up. What's my take on it? A superbly blended and masculine aroma. You have to like vetiver & patchouli. But, the cardamon, grapefruit, cinnamon and the sandalwood with musk balances this creation to near perfection,. A woody, spicey and lightly sweet concoction that exudes sophistication at first whiff.

The hype is real.....

View attachment 67559
This sounds like a nice one!

Back